News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Sever driveline "Shakes".

Started by 66dave284, December 19, 2023, 06:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby73

Try rotating front to back and see if it changes. Did you have the wheels on it before you changed the tires? If it didn't do it then, point to the tires. If you added both at the same time. Jack it up, crank it up, put it in gear and see if the wheels are turning true on the axles. Your wheels should be hub centric but if not sometimes they can bolt up out of round believe it or not. I've had some 66 wheels that were drilled off center. If they look out of round bolted up take them off and move the wheel on the hub and give it another try. Make sure when they balance them they are not just balancing them on one side. The brand tire you have is not the most perfect tire for roundness like a Michelin but I understand you have them for looks. I've even seen rear brake drums way out of balance that caused problems (very rare) The big question is when did the problem start was it always like that or just when you changed the tires. If it started when you changed the tires then it's the tires or one of them. Call me and I can give you more tips I worked in our family tire business for a long time and used to be the one that fixed the problems. 828-308-8103 Andy
67 Cobra CSX3251  65 K-code Conv
65 5S073.               65 A-code fastback
66 6S304.                67 390 GTA Conv.
66 Hertz 6S1863.      67 Playboy Coupe
68 KR Conv. 2529.     70 Mach1
07 Shelby Hertz Conv. 69 Z/28
66 MK1A Tiger.            66 Vette coupe
13 GT500                   
69 Boss 429