News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Paint Thickness

Started by Survivor, December 21, 2023, 09:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: CharlesTurner on December 22, 2023, 09:07:01 PMEasily available, just bought some a month or so back here in N. Carolina, Dupont Nason brand, single stage.
It must be nice to stroll into a store and get what you need. A quirk in the CA law allows private parties to buy solvent based paints but not body shops etc. They are all stuck using the water based stuff. 
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

outlawincorporated

Quote from: CharlesTurner on December 22, 2023, 09:07:01 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on December 22, 2023, 07:06:28 AM
Ford used Acrylic Enamel. I'm not even sure if that is still available anywhere? The most commonly used now that I see is two step, base/clear coat.

Easily available, just bought some a month or so back here in N. Carolina, Dupont Nason brand, single stage.

ohhhh very nice buy. what car is that going to be used on???

Regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBNOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

shelbydoug

Ford used Acrylic Enamel. I'm not even sure if that is still available anywhere? The most commonly used now that I see is two step, base/clear coat.

Easily available, just bought some a month or so back here in N. Carolina, Dupont Nason brand, single stage.

Not here. Dupont is the last brand that I used of it.

It applies differently and required me to concentrate too much. That and the fumes just gave me a headache. It was not easy for me to shoot it. I got runs all over. It was too difficult to determine how much to shoot.

I'm just a one trick pony. Now Acrylic Lacquer, ooo, I'm good at that.  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

KR500

FYI, Dupont automotive finishishs has been branded Axalta since 2014
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

CharlesTurner

Quote from: outlawincorporated on December 23, 2023, 03:46:59 AM
ohhhh very nice buy. what car is that going to be used on???

Corporate blue engine paint, using an original sample to match.

It actually sprays really nice.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge