News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Movable Lift

Started by 67 GT350, December 23, 2023, 11:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Hope this is in the wright place on this forum.....Without getting crazy, I am looking to get a 4 post lift, what is a good one. Would like to stay away from China, but? Anyway, my friend has one and it seems nice, and the big plus is that he can move it, so it is not fixed to the floor! They are all confusing when looking on the internet, so I hope for advise here.
RARE  Signature Delete

hertzdonut

I love my Backyard Buddy made in Ohio. Picked it up with my F150 and 18 ft open trailer.
A friend and I put it together in a day with no problem.

KerryBWhite

Check Advantage lifts......great 4 post and accessories

advantagelifts.com

Vernon Estes

Advantage Lifts are great if you want all the bells and whistles... my father has one and its a pretty incredible thing in terms of build quality.

That said, just throwing this out there...but theres nothing wrong with the typical chinese lift.....and most of the lifts you are going to buy (with very few exceptions) are going to be coming from China regardless of the extensive marketing attempts by the part of these lift companies to make you think otherwise.

The Chinese stuff certainly serves a purpose and works fine....there ARE different levels of quality and features from these international products also.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

davez

I have a Nussbaum 2 post at my home shop and a Nussbaum scissor lift at my work shop. There made in Germany and have a factory in NC. They make 4 post lifts. Probably more expensive but I'm happy with them.

dblbarrel

I have been very happy with my Direct Lift Propark 8000.
Been using it for about 9 years now.

john galt

Quote from: hertzdonut on December 23, 2023, 12:42:06 PM
I love my Backyard Buddy made in Ohio. Picked it up with my F150 and 18 ft open trailer.
A friend and I put it together in a day with no problem.

Here's my experience with Backyard Buddy. I called and priced out a 4 post lift, including deck filler panels and installation. Total price was over $8000. The salesman said he throw in a $400 air jack for free. 

Two days later, with credit card ready, I called the same sales guy's extension number.  A different salesman answered. He said "no way" and raised the price by $1000 and retracted the free air jack.  A $1,400 increase.

I called Bendpak and ordered a PL6000DC parking lift for less money.  Very pleased so far.

Royce Peterson

My lift is from Forward Lift. I bought the 9K pound version because I wanted to be able to pick up my F250 if desired.

https://www.eautotools.com/FP9K-DX-XL-9-000lb-capacity-Storage-Service-Lift-p/fp9k-dx-xlt.htm

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Royce Peterson

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

TOBKOB

I've had mu Advantage lift for about 6 years and am very pleased with it. I bought the 9000 XLT which my Shelby resides on. It is extra wide, long and tall (I don't have to worry about bumping my head). If you want to move it about I recommend 120V pump. It is a little slower but you probably have 120V outlets everywhere VS 240V outlets. Backyard Buddy lifts are owned by Advantage Lifts and if they haven't changed the Backyard Buddy is quite a bit lighter built than the Advantage Lift. I have had my F250 Super Duty crew cab and my son's F350 crew cab trucks on the lift without a problem.

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

gt350shelb

no matter what you buy make sure there are parts available to  repair it.  some of the catalog/ over seas lifts have very little in support after the sale . seals /pumps do not all interchange 
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

TA Coupe

You can go to this place and read up on a lot of different lifts. this is where I got my lift and I love it.

https://shopequipmentlift.com/

You can also read up about lifts at the Automotive Lift Institute here:

https://www.autolift.org/

Roy

PS. When I called about ordering my lift the owner of the place talked me out of the lift I was going to buy which was $2400. And he said that for my vehicles, I didn't need that 1 I needed the one that cost
$1700 at the time. how many companies would be that honest to turn down $700 on the sale just to get you what you really needed..!!!

If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: TA Coupe on December 23, 2023, 11:29:13 PM
PS. When I called about ordering my lift the owner of the place talked me out of the lift I was going to buy which was $2400. And he said that for my vehicles, I didn't need that 1 I needed the one that cost
$1700 at the time. how many companies would be that honest to turn down $700 on the sale just to get you what you really needed..!!!
Or he didn't have the $2400 one in stock or in actuality he makes more profit selling the $1700 (if it costs him 1200 he makes 5) one rather than the $2400 one (if it costs him 2 grand he only makes 400).
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

TA Coupe

He was being a good guy as the $2400 one wasn't good for small low to the ground cars of which I have 6 and was still able to handle the biggest which is my Supercab Lightning. Bought it in 2014 for the first shop I leased then moved to a larger one and now in the garage I had built. Still working like a charm.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

pbf777

Just to clarify:

Advantage Lifts are also made in china!   :(

Scott.