News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Dash Guage ID

Started by cboss70, December 28, 2023, 03:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cboss70

I have a friend with a 66 Shelby non-Hertz (believe it's in the high 700's but not 100% sure). There was a hole cut in his metal dash and the below guage was installed. I told him I have never seen one and he asked could it have been a supercharged car and that gauge was either added by Shelby or aftermarket for that.   Since I have no idea I figured I'd ask:
1) Has anyone seen a similar gauge installed in the metal face of the dash? What for?
2) Does anyone recognize the gauge and what it may have been used for (if not a supercharger gauge)?

I hate to tell him it's not as sold to the first owner and have him close it off if it was something factory or dealer installed.  I believe the car has been off the road since the early 70's.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cboss70 on December 28, 2023, 03:09:34 PM
I have a friend with a 66 Shelby non-Hertz (believe it's in the high 700's but not 100% sure). There was a hole cut in his metal dash and the below guage was installed. I told him I have never seen one and he asked could it have been a supercharged car and that gauge was either added by Shelby or aftermarket for that.   Since I have no idea I figured I'd ask:
1) Has anyone seen a similar gauge installed in the metal face of the dash? What for?
2) Does anyone recognize the gauge and what it may have been used for (if not a supercharger gauge)?

I hate to tell him it's not as sold to the first owner and have him close it off if it was something factory or dealer installed.  I believe the car has been off the road since the early 70's.
Not that way from the factory and I can think of no good reason why a owner would ask a dealer to add it before delivering it to the first owner. Especially not cut into the metal dash.The oil temp gauge does not have anything to do with a typical supercharger installation . I have seen that gauge and thermo coupler plumbed into the oil pan on competition /track cars .It is typically a day 2 type install on a track driven car.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby