News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Stripped 69 at auction

Started by GOAT12, December 29, 2023, 04:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427hunter

Good solid bones - it will be interesting to see what it sells for.

It will also be interesting to see if the original parts manage to magically return to it.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Bill

It appears actual bidding starts today
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

tesgt350

Why didn't they remove the Doors too? 

GOAT12

Sold $52,500.00   bidder from Dubai.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: tesgt350 on February 21, 2024, 11:09:01 AM
Why didn't they remove the Doors too?
lots of question marks on a lot of parts they didn't remove and could have. Why remove the trunk lace? Quicker to unbolt the decklid with an electric impact. 30 seconds.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

whom ever purchases this car

I have 1969 parts two fenders, several bumpers, two hoods, several pairs of fog lights, and miscellaneous parts that will be up for sale soon

Buyer.......Let's make a deal...

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Dennis Y

That's the last we'll know about that car.

pbf777

A period of time ago I was aware of a shop in this area that provided a "service" to their constituents, that being of first, snagging ones' car out of their driveway in the middle of the night (with the keys being supplied to the perps. to aid in efficiency); then they would strip your car of enough parts to create a significant payout by the insurance company, but not to much being removed as to cause the vehicle to be "totaled" (their "know how" value in the relationship); then park the remains at a location for easy recovery, and then after you received your check from the insurance company, you selecting their shop for the restitution process, they would reinstall the parts they had removed and you split the monetary gains.   :o

Not saying that that is what has taken place here, just relaying a different scenario for discussion.   :)

Scott.

CompRed70scj

And look what popped up on marketplace, in the same city (LA). I'm not saying this is definitely the same engine / trans - but you do the math on production #'s and probabilities...

Coralsnake

I will have to double check...

Was 1446 an auto trans, ac car??
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bill

Quote from: CompRed70scj on March 31, 2024, 11:07:00 PM
And look what popped up on marketplace, in the same city (LA). I'm not saying this is definitely the same engine / trans - but you do the math on production #'s and probabilities...

When asked, the seller of the motor gave up the VIN "81446" this morning.

I hate to break it to him, not sure I should.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Coralsnake

Oh dear!  Maybe the po-po will come see him
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

tesgt350

Quote from: Bill on April 01, 2024, 09:04:09 AM
Quote from: CompRed70scj on March 31, 2024, 11:07:00 PM

When asked, the seller of the motor gave up the VIN "81446" this morning.

I hate to break it to him, not sure I should.

Bill

Instead, notify the Local PD and let them break the news to him.

shelbydoug

OOPSIE! Problemo!

It would be nice to see the bad guys get caught once in a while wouldn't it? 8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

SteveSDB

Hey everyone, I was notified about the possibility of this engine being stolen by one of your forum members. I am the seller of this engine.  I have a bill of sale for the motor from August 23, 2023. It was sold to me at the Pomona swap meet. It's a well known car meet so ignore the swap meet part of it, it's just the name. I have reached out to my lawyer this morning for him to do his research to make sure I own this motor legally. My understanding of property law as it pertains to cars is that if a part was sold and then months later claimed to be "stolen" to an insurance for monetary gains, then the lie falls on the owner of the vehicle for lying for profit which is fraud on their behalf and nothing for me to worry about. My lawyer stated and agreed with me that if my purchase was before it was reported stolen then I own it legally. My lawyer is one of the top lawyers in our city and he said he has a contact in the local pd who can clarify for him when it was reported. Once this matter is cleared up it will be for sale again if anyone here is interested. The backstory I was given if anyone cares is that the owner decided to restore the car and restomod it with a 7.3 Godzilla motor so they had no need for this engine. Will keep you guys updated.