News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Last Drive of 2023

Started by s2ms, December 29, 2023, 07:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

Eerily warm ~60F in the PNW today. Get 'em out if you can...

Dave - 6S1757

deathsled

Oh man look at that road and the cockpit view! Valhalla!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

It'll happen on New Years eve. Annual old car cruise. Rain or Shine ends with a lunch. Lots of historic brass era cars you don't see often.

2022 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYHFG6Fj1ng     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CriGV7oi1mM
2021 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7ppQtb7yi4
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

TOBKOB

WOW...I wish I was closer, I'd bring one of my A's... :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Will hit the rose parade route on New Year's Eve as usual barring rain...The heavy  law enforcement  presence up there doesn't appreciate "inadvertent wheel spin".... ;)

Hov

Great photo Dave, did Eric English take it?  You are spinning that motor pretty close to redline. Bet Gary Lewis moved that needle further over in 1966 than where you are at now. I don't see any purple and no Dawgs on the side of the road. 

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 557 on December 29, 2023, 10:49:54 PM
Will hit the rose parade route on New Year's Eve as usual barring rain...The heavy  law enforcement  presence up there doesn't appreciate "inadvertent wheel spin".... ;)
How times have changed - back in the 60s & 70s some power brake wheel spin and short burnouts with open headers were tolerated. I guess the handwriting was on the wall when they clamped down on marshmallow wars and tortilla tossing.
https://www.foxla.com/news/a-look-into-pasadenas-most-unique-new-years-eve-tradition
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

we just came back from a little early morning excursion, mid sixties very clear skies, hardly no one on the roads

Happy New Years to all !

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC on December 30, 2023, 01:06:08 PM
we just came back from a little early morning excursion, mid sixties very clear skies, hardly no one on the roads

Happy New Years to all !
I think there's something wrong.  Your wheels aren't turning.  Shouldn't they be all blurry and stuff?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on December 30, 2023, 01:38:56 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on December 30, 2023, 01:06:08 PM

Happy New Years to all !
I think there's something wrong.  Your wheels aren't turning.  Shouldn't they be all blurry and stuff?

That's what I told my wife when this picture was taken....wheels/ tires not moving at all. Smoke coming from a near by BBQ

And definitely that was not me and that's definitely not our car

The End happy new year!

I have all UNGOLD cars

s2ms

Quote from: Hov on December 29, 2023, 11:40:13 PM
Great photo Dave, did Eric English take it?  You are spinning that motor pretty close to redline. Bet Gary Lewis moved that needle further over in 1966 than where you are at now. I don't see any purple and no Dawgs on the side of the road.

Good call Mark, next time I'll invite Eric to ride along and take some real photos. Plenty of purple.....behind the camera.  ;)
Dave - 6S1757

Side-Oilers

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on December 30, 2023, 12:58:34 PM
Quote from: 557 on December 29, 2023, 10:49:54 PM
How times have changed - back in the 60s & 70s some power brake wheel spin and short burnouts with open headers were tolerated. I guess the handwriting was on the wall when they clamped down on marshmallow wars and tortilla tossing.
https://www.foxla.com/news/a-look-into-pasadenas-most-unique-new-years-eve-tradition

The "No Fun" Police are everywhere, these days.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Got my "Last Drive of 2023" planned for tomorrow
and then
"The First Drive of 2024" planned for Monday
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Side-Oilers

Steve, just stay out driving until after midnight. Two years' driving accomplished in one trip!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model