News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Another one Gone ????

Started by Lincoln tech, January 02, 2024, 05:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln tech

Thread with a question about 20,000 posts Gone, honestly I'm surprised that it lasted that long .

Forum Guide

Quote from: Lincoln tech on January 02, 2024, 05:26:00 PM
Thread with a question about 20,000 posts Gone, honestly I'm surprised that it lasted that long .

Maybe a little clarification is required here.

We appreciate your concern that a particular post disappeared, but it is not really necessary to report such... the automation keeps track of posts for us.

I believe your inference was that the post was removed by a Moderator for content. It was NOT.
We have always allowed the original poster of a thread to delete the thread if they had second thoughts about the post; that was the case in this instance.

But, for the record, any post or thread is subject to deletion by a Moderator if it is simply deemed to be out of line within the scope and intent of the SAAC Forum.

All Forum users are guests of the Club, both members and non-members. The intent is to provide a platform for cordial discussion among like minded Shelby enthusiasts.
This discussion encompasses both technical and social conversations.

When activity deviates, it will be addressed, at our discretion.
It's not a democracy.

Thanks

gt350shelb

So we are claiming the forum is part of the club this week .?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Forum Guide

Quote from: gt350shelb on January 02, 2024, 07:23:26 PM
So we are claiming the forum is part of the club this week .?

I don't quite understand your apparent sarcasm, but the SAAC Forum has always been a free service provided by the Club, without the necessity of dues or membership.

gt350shelb

In the past  the forum was moderated in a  more forward looking mode . even during the capt dave era .

still waiting for the reason  ?  "one member " has carte blanche  to piss on the forum .

And despite the email there are more than 4 sick of this .

run a poll and find out .  on never mind  you don't care

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Forum Guide

Quote from: gt350shelb on January 02, 2024, 08:31:35 PM
In the past  the forum was moderated in a  more forward looking mode .

In what way? Please explain.

owenkelley

I was the original poster. I deleted it earlier today because I felt it had been commented on enough and I didn't want to perpetuate negative comments. Now it looks as though deleting the post is causing more issues. I just come here to see posts about old original Shelbys, they've been my obsession for about fifty years. I really don't take these forums all that seriously, although I know a lot of people do. I just want to see pictures and hear stories about classic Shelbys......

Side-Oilers

+1 with owenkelley.

But, I also like to discuss Fords in general, as well as history, racing, technology, trivia, and the people and companies who make/made it happen.

Remembrances from our own lives with cars are always interesting to read. I think there ought to be a separate forum category for Personal Car Stories. (Would make it a lot easier to find that great post you read months ago about street racing, run-ins with LEOs, or cruising main.)

Clever humor and car-related photos add to the topic variety.  So do tasteful-ish photos of pretty girls once in a while, in the context of cars. (Jungle Pam or Linda Vaughn, anyone?)

I even enjoy the occasional vintage bicycle and skateboard posts.

Most everything I like to read about we already have but, IMO, life on the forum would be so much better without sports scores, political arguments, bullying, hissy-fits, entitlement mentality, or troll activity. 

Keep it about Fords and I'm in.  Hell, even an occasional Brand X conversation is okay with me.

Oh, and I dig Deathsled's music and fiction stories, too.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Bill

Quote from: Forum Guide on January 02, 2024, 09:09:42 PM
In the past  the forum was moderated in a  more forward looking mode .

In what way? Please explain.

I believe he was speaking about certain patterns within the posting, or repeated posting of certain individuals so as to keep themselves relevant, while no others, or again, a select few to do the same, tells that part of the tale. The details of those posts, server wise, and the ramifications of those details tells the other part of that tale. If you are on the forum, and review a 2-4 days snapshot of posts, you'll understand what I'm talking about, or you may already be aware of such things. if not, as the "forum guide", you have my contact number, and I'll be happy to discuss in greater detail.

Unsigned, as asked, for a friend  ;)
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Lincoln tech

Quote from: owenkelley on January 02, 2024, 10:07:48 PM
I was the original poster. I deleted it earlier today because I felt it had been commented on enough and I didn't want to perpetuate negative comments. Now it looks as though deleting the post is causing more issues. I just come here to see posts about old original Shelbys, they've been my obsession for about fifty years. I really don't take these forums all that seriously, although I know a lot of people do. I just want to see pictures and hear stories about classic Shelbys......
In that case I'm confused as to why create a post about it ?   

67 GT350

For me, if the post looks interesting, I will open it and tell if I want to read it further.....

Deathsled, THANK YOU! I really like your Laguna Seca posts, and because of you I now own one....Next to my FGT, it is the only car that puts a smile on my face with every start!
RARE  Signature Delete

Chad

Quote from: owenkelley on January 02, 2024, 10:07:48 PM

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

tesgt350

In the past  the forum was moderated in a  more forward looking mode . even during the capt dave era .

still waiting for the reason  ?  "one member " has carte blanche  to piss on the forum .

And despite the email there are more than 4 sick of this .

run a poll and find out .  on never mind  you don't care

There are 3 Members over on the Team Shelby Forum Site that has ran that place into the Ground which is why many have stopped going there.  That place used to be Fun and Rocken and now, just Tumbleweeds.   Two of them came over here to attack me because I was doing custom Challenge Poker Chips.  I'm not sure why it bothered them so much.