News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 Shelby? theft recovery on insurance auction site

Started by OldFordGuy, January 04, 2024, 09:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldFordGuy

Hmmm. VIN is a 69 R code.

https://www.iaai.com/VehicleDetail/38847138~US

Believe VIN is: 9F02R481445
1963 1/2 Galaxie 427 R code
1965 Mercury Park Lane Super Marauder convertible

6s1640

Its missing the catalytic converters and the airbag was not deployed.  That is good about the airbags.  That would be very expensive to replace plus finding original catalytic converters and airbags would be impossible.  LOL

Cory

Cobra66

The full VIN is shown in the pictures on the auction site. Interesting the thief's never took the console, wheels, rear tail light assemblies as well the rear exhaust assembly with everything else Shelby related.

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bill

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

Quote from: 6s1640 on January 04, 2024, 11:00:55 PM
Its missing the catalytic converters and the airbag was not deployed.  That is good about the airbags.  That would be very expensive to replace plus finding original catalytic converters and airbags would be impossible.  LOL

Cory

had not seen this one, shame about the missing parts
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

tesgt350

Quote from: Cobra66 on January 04, 2024, 11:07:14 PM
The full VIN is shown in the pictures on the auction site. Interesting the thief's never took the console, wheels, rear tail light assemblies as well the rear exhaust assembly with everything else Shelby related.

I was thinking the same thing, they were very selective.  Why force off the Wood Grain Trim on the Door Panels when you can remove them in 5 Minutes with a Phillips Head Screwdriver.  A team of 3 People could have striped that Car to the Bare Shell in an Hour with basic hand tools.

OldFordGuy

1963 1/2 Galaxie 427 R code
1965 Mercury Park Lane Super Marauder convertible

Mike_Senar

Hello,
  Anyone watch the auction to the end and have an answer on how much it sold for?   Or, anyone here buy it??
                                                                           Mike

Bill Collins

I have bidding credentials with IAA, which was auctioning the car. I was watching it but missed the end and they do not post sale results, you have to monitor it live.

There was a post on here earlier this week stating that it sold for $56,000 and was going to Dubai - but I cannot locate it, maybe it was taken down.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017