News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Can we revist passenger side mirrors?

Started by Steve Meltzer, January 09, 2024, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Meltzer

I know that KRs did not come from the factory with side view mirrors on the passenger side. However, many have been installed by dealers and owners since that time. Since I drive my KR as often as I can, I'd like to have that sideview mirror for visibility and safety. Is it possible to get the mirror both symmetrical with respect to the original driver side mirror and, at the same time be able to actually see out of it?  I've noted on some European cars that the symmetrical look of the mirrors does not allow one to actually use the mirror effectively! (This has happened to me on two of my own cars already.) Any suggestions for finding one that is as originals as possible for the passenger side, mounting information or anything else that would help me with this endeavor? Thanks, Steve

Coralsnake

Yes you can get find a righthand mirror that matches. You will need to drill two holes in-the door and shoot a couple of rivet nuts in there.

Will you be able to see anymore, not much.

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Steve Meltzer

Is the small improvement because the mirrors themselves are small or because you can't get them in the correct position, or exactly what do you think is the reason that they seem relatively worthless? Thanks, Steve.

Coralsnake

Yes, they are small with minimum ability to adjust them
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Lincoln tech

Steve how about posting a few pix of your car ? I'd like to see it .

Steve Meltzer

Sure! I'm flattered anyone would want to see her. Where would I post these pictures? Or, are there some instructions on doing so.? I've few other chores to do, but I will try to get to it soon. Thanks, Steve. (I had no idea I would have so much to do in retirement!) s

propayne

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Steve Meltzer

Propayne thnx for the great video link. steve

Lincoln tech

Quote from: Steve Meltzer on January 09, 2024, 11:54:35 AM
Sure! I'm flattered anyone would want to see her. Where would I post these pictures? Or, are there some instructions on doing so.? I've few other chores to do, but I will try to get to it soon. Thanks, Steve. (I had no idea I would have so much to do in retirement!) s
go to reply , attachments and other options , attach ( choose file ) "that would be your pictures" , post . Try it

Steve Meltzer

I thought you meant to post them in some gallery. So, this is easy PZ! Here are some pictures. Sorry I don't have any real great beauty shots...a project for another day!
s

tesgt350

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 09, 2024, 11:13:28 AM
Yes, they are small with minimum ability to adjust them

I thought there was an aftermarket Convex Mirror that covers the existing Mirror to fix that problem?

Lincoln tech

Looks like a very nice car + has AC , red Jag on the lift is interesting also , I own a KR that's been sitting for over 30 years and it needs work I'm just too lazy to play with it. Thanx Steve.

Steve Meltzer

Yeah, just sold the red XKE coupe (nice car, great paint) on bring a trailer about a month ago. It had to go to new home to make room for the Shelby. Lost my ass on that one, but have made up for it elsewhere. s