News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Decal instead of license plate

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, January 09, 2024, 01:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

I have been expecting that.  I knew it was going to happen, surprised it took this long.

sd427

Same link without the web tracking gobblygook at the end:

https://sfstandard.com/2023/12/18/california-front-license-plate-wraps-dmv/

I've been buying the license plate mounting kits that use the tow hook receptacle, instead of drilling holes.  I like this better.  Most CA car dealers automatically install a front license plate holder.  They have asked me to sign a special form to state that I will be responsible for mounting the plate myself, before they will agree to not attach their holder.

shelbydoug

Well, the World takes "all kinds"?

I was behind a 95 Honda Civic yesterday at a stoplight. I happened to glance down and look at the license plate.

It was a Connecticut plate and get this, it was a "Classic Car" plate. Now I can understand a 1960 Rambler but a Honda Civic? Geese!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

tesgt350

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 10, 2024, 09:28:06 AM

I was behind a 95 Honda Civic yesterday at a stoplight. I happened to glance down and look at the license plate.

It was a Connecticut plate and get this, it was a "Classic Car" plate. Now I can understand a 1960 Rambler but a Honda Civic? Geese!

If you want to feel old.......... 1998 was 25 Years ago.

pbf777

...................... and get this, it was a "Classic Car" plate. Now I can understand a 1960 Rambler but a Honda Civic? Geese!

Yeah I understand your perspective, but also, and not to stoke the flames, particularly here, but it's the built yesterday, "Classic"/"Vintage"/"Collector" plate today, Cobra Kit/Replica/Tribute/Reproduction/etc. vehicles that sorta rub me wrong!   It's just because, well, it just isn't!   ::)

Scott.

98SVT - was 06GT

NV has ones for as recent as 2004. People get them because it exempts their cars from the annual smog check for 1968 and newer cars.
Classic Vehicle
Vehicles which were manufactured at least 25 years before application and have not been customized.
Classic Rod
Vehicles manufactured not earlier than 1949, but at least 20 years before application.
Old Timer
Vehicles manufactured more than 40 years before the date of application.
Street Rod
Vehicles manufactured earlier than 1949.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

crossboss

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on January 10, 2024, 12:35:39 PM

NV has ones for as recent as 2004. People get them because it exempts their cars from the annual smog check for 1968 and newer cars.
Classic Vehicle
Vehicles which were manufactured at least 25 years before application and have not been customized.
Classic Rod
Vehicles manufactured not earlier than 1949, but at least 20 years before application.
Old Timer
Vehicles manufactured more than 40 years before the date of application.
Street Rod
Vehicles manufactured earlier than 1949.

Correct. However, the law was changed because people were 'taking advantage' of the loop hole. Now, you MUST have (and show proof) that your car has vintage/classic insurance on that car. You also, must have a daily transportation vehicle with a 'regular' automotive policy.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

TOBKOB

[quote
If you want to feel old.......... 1998 was 25 Years ago.][/quote]

Actually it was 26 years ago... ;D   ???

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970