News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Trunk lid, bumpers

Started by TLea, January 11, 2024, 09:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLea

54 has its original trunk lid, but it was a bit abused by the time it got to me. Good news is we saved it but my question is this. There are a holes drilled in the rear trunk  corners for the adjustable bumpers.  I was thinking early cars just got the rubber bumpers that snapped into the steel frame of the trunk lid?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TLea on January 11, 2024, 09:29:46 AM
54 has its original trunk lid, but it was a bit abused by the time it got to me. Good news is we saved it but my question is this. There are a holes drilled in the rear trunk  corners for the adjustable bumpers.  I was thinking early cars just got the rubber bumpers that snapped into the steel frame of the trunk lid?
If it has the holes it got the push in bumpers. Some had a threaded insert which took the thread stud adjustable bumper.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TLea

Thanks Bob. The threaded insert I'm thinking was all glass lid

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TLea on January 11, 2024, 09:57:28 AM
Thanks Bob. The threaded insert I'm thinking was all glass lid
The only constant I have seen is if it had the hole it got the push in and if it had the threaded it got the other. It could be ether 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

azdriver

Was the adjustable bumper threaded through the trunk corner or was there some kind of nut or sleeve it went into? My car has holes in the corners but never found any bumpers.

Pat

JD

The push-in bumpers could be missing after years and or repaint/restoration, also that they got bumped out or off and lost.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0