News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Gravel Guard question

Started by Dennis Y, January 15, 2024, 05:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Y

For the studs on the gravel guard, are these just bolts threaded thru from the other side then cut and welded? I can see a dimple on the opposite side. I think both of mine are snapped. Thanks

Special Ed

Yours are twisted off like one of mine and the studs have a flat head to keep from pulling thru.  Anybody know where u can buy them studs or make them as many are twisted off ?

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Special Ed on January 15, 2024, 06:27:37 PM
Yours are twisted off like one of mine and the studs have a flat head to keep from pulling thru.  Anybody know where u can buy them studs or make them as many are twisted off ?
I can make some but would need a drawing or example.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Dennis Y

Ed, do you know if the are splined near the flat head to lock them in place and can you just punch them out to remove?

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Dennis Y on January 16, 2024, 07:27:32 PM
Ed, do you know if the are splined near the flat head to lock them in place and can you just punch them out to remove?
they look welded in?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Special Ed

I think i found some studs will know shortly.

Dennis Y

Special Ed

Special Ed

The studs i found are very close to originals but i think i found the exact size so stay tuned.

Special Ed

Finnally foundthe exact stud after 5 attemps were wrong as its an odd size and took 6 weeks to locate the correct size and were shipped from across the pond. These studs are pressed in and out and have locking teeth (that u cant seee once installed)  and i bought a quanity as many of these studs are missing or twisted off so i got extras to sell   so how many 69-70 shelby owners are needing them selling in pairs of 2 it takes to fix 1  69 shelby gravel guard?