News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

'67 "Long Tab" Steering Wheel Swap

Started by 67#0083, January 15, 2024, 07:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67#0083

I have a "Long Tab" 1967 wheel in good condition on #0083 that I'm hoping to trade for a correct "Short Tab" wheel with someone who has the opposite problem. It has an older crack that is visible, but the wheel has been professionally restored (see pics). I'm willing to pay to upgrade if your Short Tab wheel is in better condition. The bag of Cheetos in the fourth pic is NOT included with the trade. Thanks!
1967 GT350 #0083
1968 GT350 #0083 (Dad's)
1964 FIA Cobra- 50th Anniversary
1972 Pantera Pre-L
1968 GT/CS
1970 Cougar Eliminator 428CJ (Dad's)

Kent

Hello I do have an EFFPI which is short tab. I really would like to know why the color of your wood is so different to all the others I have seen? It looks like 66 FIV Secura Wheels.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67#0083 on January 15, 2024, 07:04:29 PM
I have a "Long Tab" 1967 wheel in good condition on #0083 that I'm hoping to trade for a correct "Short Tab" wheel with someone who has the opposite problem. It has an older crack that is visible, but the wheel has been professionally restored (see pics). I'm willing to pay to upgrade if your Short Tab wheel is in better condition. The bag of Cheetos in the fourth pic is NOT included with the trade. Thanks!
The light wood is just another variation seen on factory 67 Shelby's. I don't think the light wood adds anything to the interior IMO but was apparently used all the same. The crack does not really look like a crack in the wood to me but does look like where the wrapped wood piece ends and lays over the other side . Extra darker fill material in that opening between the two different pieces makes it stand out more then it should. A better wheel restorer could make that look better or disappear.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby