News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 428CJ radiator needed

Started by wcampbell, January 20, 2024, 09:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcampbell

I am in need of a radiator for my 1968 428CJ. Researching a bit on the web I believe the part number would be C8ZE-M, C8ZE-M1 or C8ZE-M2. I am looking for a 8C (March), 8D (April), 8E (May) or 8F(June) dated unit. I'd be interested in either restored or good rebuildable core units.

Wayne Campbell

Bob Gaines

Quote from: wcampbell on January 20, 2024, 09:13:52 PM
I am in need of a radiator for my 1968 428CJ. Researching a bit on the web I believe the part number would be C8ZE-M, C8ZE-M1 or C8ZE-M2. I am looking for a 8C (March), 8D (April), 8E (May) or 8F(June) dated unit. I'd be interested in either restored or good rebuildable core units.

Wayne Campbell
You should also mention which plant the radiator came from you are looking for given SJ is different compared to Dearborn and Metuchen.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

wcampbell

Bob,

Good point - I'm looking for a Metuchen radiator. Not a San Jose version....

Royce Peterson

Those ought to be more plentiful since they were allegedly used at the two plants. In theory there would be more radiators like that. However, from my experience most of these radiators are stamped W Mo on the top tank. Maybethe service parts were entirely W Mo, I do not know.

Good luck and what date code would you consider?
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Royce Peterson on January 21, 2024, 11:10:24 AM
Those ought to be more plentiful since they were allegedly used at the two plants. In theory there would be more radiators like that. However, from my experience most of these radiators are stamped W Mo on the top tank. Maybethe service parts were entirely W Mo, I do not know.

Good luck and what date code would you consider?
+1 that the radiators supplied to Dearborn and Metuchen are much more plentiful. From the assemblyline the Dearborn and Metuchen radiators did not typically have W MO raised up on the top tank. The W MO marked radiators were typically San Jose plant supplied. Of course there may be anomalies and service parts could skew what people find after the fact.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TLea

Metuchen would typically have S 1 for auto

wcampbell

Tim - thanks - yes...I had also been advised by other forum members that a C8ZE–S1 version would also be appropriate. Anything from the April, May or June manufacturing timeframe would be the most ideal.