News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 Shelby fire damaged

Started by Coralsnake, January 23, 2024, 09:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on January 23, 2024, 03:09:44 PM
Quote from: Coralsnake on January 23, 2024, 02:10:41 PM
The Florida salvage title lists it as "rebuildable". I don't think its a big deal considering its documented now.

The vendors retail value is laughable. I wonder what their reserve is?
My thought is what did the owner have insurance wise? Did he under insure it? Many do. I harp on my friend who has his 71 HEMI Cuda under insured until this week(bringing it to a car show). But my friend has about 17 collector cars and a bunch are 6 figure cars. So say it was under insured at 80K. The insurance company says 75K to fix. Total it out and pay the insured. If this car was insured for 150-200K it wouldn't have been totaled out. Maybe the prior owner would want to chime in? Or maybe too embarrassed to admit it if he did. All I know is this car at what it could have been insured for it should be in all cases be fixed-unless it was under insured and running their numbers the insurance company would total it out.

When it comes to Insurance Companies, many are now hiring Gen Xers that don't care (or KNOW) about Classic Cars and it's only going to get worse. 

Lincoln tech

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on January 24, 2024, 09:50:06 AM
Quote from: Lincoln tech on January 24, 2024, 08:46:57 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on January 24, 2024, 08:16:22 AM
Quote from: Special Ed on January 23, 2024, 10:27:27 PM
Whats that box beside the added oil cooler in grill area lh front ?
Funny in that the prior owner can post a dozen times a day on nothing but cannot come on this topic and just answer some questions like yours.
He did answer with this  ::)            https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=b54nv46k60thkhd2ev03gm3ou1&topic=25751.msg190723#msg190723
MODIFIED Jan 23-yesterday. HMM, couldn't do this for the last 14 months? Thanks for bringing that to light but he still hasn't said what led to the fire which another poster asked. Only modified and added to his original post after it became another topic right here. I guess the question is why is that?  So to be clear Mr Tech he didn't answer the questions asked here and the one by Ed I quoted.
I get , but you're only wasting your time with this individual .

Survivor

Sold-did I see the final correct at $38,500.00

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 24, 2024, 02:16:10 PM
I believe it was more in the high 60s
Thanks. I wasa away for a long meeting. Came back and it said 33,500. I refreshed the screen and got this "SOLD". Even in the 60s was a good buy I'd think.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Coralsnake

You had to have a dealer license to bid in the auction. The car did not meet the reserve. The high bidder has a chance to meet the reserve or it will be relisted.

That's not really clear on their website. Look forward to seeing what happens.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

SCJSTU

The Florida salvage title lists it as "rebuildable". I don't think its a big deal considering its documented now.

does a rebuildable title requires a new state issued VIN?
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

Coralsnake

I depends on the state. Some states will issue a new title without a brand. Some states will require an inspection before a new title can be issued. I dont think they will change the VIN.

My opinion is there is not enough damage here to significantly effect the end value if its restored with original parts and documented. I think removing the oil cooler and a repaint to the oem color would help a lot as well. Dark Jade, 4spd is a good combination.

TA Coupe

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 24, 2024, 04:37:35 PM
You had to have a dealer license to bid in the auction. The car did not meet the reserve. The high bidder has a chance to meet the reserve or it will be relisted.

It clearly states down below that you do not have to be a dealer and a comment from a customer says that he is very happy about being able to bid without being one. All but one picture are now gone, kinda interesting.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: SCJSTU on January 24, 2024, 04:49:53 PMdoes a rebuildable title requires a new state issued VIN?
Not in most states unless the original tag was damaged. Remember there is only 1 VIN on a car in the location (since 1968) dictated by .gov. All the other locations that have the same number are there as theft deterrents and to identify stolen parts.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

shelbymann1970

Quote from: TA Coupe on January 24, 2024, 06:34:11 PM
Quote from: Coralsnake on January 24, 2024, 04:37:35 PM

It clearly states down below that you do not have to be a dealer and a comment from a customer says that he is very happy about being able to bid without being one. All but one picture are now gone, kinda interesting.

Roy
That is why I and others screen shot the pics. Posted in prior replies
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

tesgt350

Quote from: SCJSTU on January 24, 2024, 04:49:53 PM

I know in Tallahassee Florida, when I bought a Car from an Auction that said "Rebuildable", I had to take it to the DMV for an Inspection and when it passed, they put a Barcode Sticker under the Factory Sticker.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: tesgt350 on January 25, 2024, 06:54:13 AM
Quote from: SCJSTU on January 24, 2024, 04:49:53 PM

I know in Tallahassee Florida, when I bought a Car from an Auction that said "Rebuildable", I had to take it to the DMV for an Inspection and when it passed, they put a Barcode Sticker under the Factory Sticker.
In Mi  the title will say salvage on it with no other numbers other than the VIN if it still has the original one on the car. It also states that these at auction a bidder must possess a dealer license to buy(?). So I wonder if Fla it is the same? https://www.michigan.gov/sos/-/media/Project/Websites/sos/01preston/Dealer_Manual_Chapter_5.pdf?rev=43836d1232814437bb4cb0833eeda376&hash=2C59D8323FCCF327670A5A580160174C#:~:text=a)%20For%20late%20model%20vehicles,the%20pre%2Ddamaged%20cash%20value.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Survivor

I find the entire auction process with ABB to be totally unclear and even a bit suspicious.  Refundable deposit-the higher the deposit the more you can bid.  And, if you don't win, you then have to log back on to claim your deposit-no thanks.  Terrible listing-no pic. of the dash tag, no underside pics., no info. on block #'s etc.  And now you might, might not have to be a "dealer" to bid.  Tells me they either don't care, don't know or just don't give a shit.  From the listing, I had no idea when the auction was set to start and end and, when I called, the girl told me that the length of the auction depends on the level of interest... might be 30 minutes, might be several hours.  Bottom line for anyone interested in the car is that it needs to be inspected (if they'll allow it) and then some thorough homework done on the legalities of the deposit and bidding process.  Just another f-up auction house that churns and burns their inventory with no thought given to what they're actually selling-imo.   

tesgt350

Quote from: Survivor on January 25, 2024, 09:15:52 AM
I find the entire auction process with ABB to be totally unclear and even a bit suspicious.  Refundable deposit-the higher the deposit the more you can bid.  And, if you don't win, you then have to log back on to claim your deposit-no thanks.  Terrible listing-no pic. of the dash tag, no underside pics., no info. on block #'s etc.  And now you might, might not have to be a "dealer" to bid.  Tells me they either don't care, don't know or just don't give a shit.  From the listing, I had no idea when the auction was set to start and end and, when I called, the girl told me that the length of the auction depends on the level of interest... might be 30 minutes, might be several hours.  Bottom line for anyone interested in the car is that it needs to be inspected (if they'll allow it) and then some thorough homework done on the legalities of the deposit and bidding process.  Just another f-up auction house that churns and burns their inventory with no thought given to what they're actually selling-imo.

Insurance / Salvage Auction Companies are not Barrett-Jackson.  They don't care about the Car, only to get it sold so they can collect their fees.  You're lucky you get the Photos you got.  I bought many Rebuildable Vehicle's at Sadisco's when I owned "Tallahassee Mustangs" back in the day and my Business License allowed me to do so.  NOW, Sadisco's sold out to Co-Parts and I no longer need a Business License to buy Cars.

Coralsnake

Car was sold yesterday, after high bidder accepted offer