News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

SFM5S149 is back on BaT

Started by Mikelj5S230, January 23, 2024, 01:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Brant

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

silverton_ford

capecodmustang.com

I owned #149 back in 2017 maybe...
Tony did a nice job restoring it.

It was in a garage in Massachusetts for a very long time ...
And that's where I dragged her home....

Mikelj5S230

I am wondering why they might expect more for it now.  How much will a NOM affect the price?
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

KR Convertible

Seller probably timed the listing so if there are big numbers realized at Mecum or Barrett-Jackson 405K will seem like a bargain.  Seems like there're a lot of 66 dated parts on this one.

CharlesTurner

Quote from: KR Convertible on January 23, 2024, 07:17:42 PM
Seller probably timed the listing so if there are big numbers realized at Mecum or Barrett-Jackson 405K will seem like a bargain.  Seems like there're a lot of 66 dated parts on this one.

When I sold a car on BaT last year, I wasn't able to negotiate a specific start date.  They provided an approximation and I had to keep bugging them to give an exact date and didn't find that out until less than 24 hours from when it went live.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Mikelj5S230

Yes, there is no guarantees on start dates. I was lucky the Corvette I have was put up yesterday, as I was hoping for that possible Mecum/BJ price boost.

sfm5

For the record - this car sold for $400K.
65 GT350

Mikelj5S230

Yes, interestingly which is $5K less than the high bid in the previous auction where it didn't sell.