News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

I Believe This To Be A Scammer

Started by 427Larry, January 24, 2024, 08:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

427Larry

Good Morning Everyone, This morning, I received an email from a new forum member (Jasoncolt45), answering to my ad for wanting to buy a 2011-2014 Shelby GT500. His response, Hello Mate, Any luck yet, and then says to contact his friend who will part for one for a fair price at, harveygrout@gmail.com. Sure sounds like a scam to me, what do you think. I have made no contact. Thank You

427heaven

Get NAME, RANK, SERIAL NUMBER, LOCATION,  PHONE NUMBER, etc. Then determine if you should send him on his way!

tesgt350

Quote from: 427Larry on January 24, 2024, 08:24:14 AM
Good Morning Everyone, This morning, I received an email from a new forum member (Jasoncolt45), answering to my ad for wanting to buy a 2011-2014 Shelby GT500. His response, Hello Mate, Any luck yet, and then says to contact his friend who will part for one for a fair price at, harveygrout@gmail.com. Sure sounds like a scam to me, what do you think. I have made no contact. Thank You

Avoid.  There is always some guy contacting people on here who is looking for a Part and telling them to "contact his Friend".  As many times as this guy tells people to "contact his friend", you would think his "Friend" would be the one now contacting the people looking for the "Parts" he has. 

427Larry

Thanks guys. I wanted to put this out here to see if anyone else has had contact with these two.

Rcbach302

The "hello mate" is a dead giveaway. I got the same reponse to want ads in the past. Reorted user to Admin but I guess he's still out there.
1968 GT350 Convertible #3127

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 427Larry on January 24, 2024, 01:29:09 PM
Thanks guys. I wanted to put this out here to see if anyone else has had contact with these two.
Real simple. Ask him a question about the car that a scammer wouldn't know but you do to trip him up. Ask if the electric motor that powers the front wheels works good. My friend did this for some "wanted parts" ad. The guy had the parts so he asks him if he had a fictitious part and low and behold he did. Scammer.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

OldMil

I got the same exact reply from a question I had on the FE forum...told him to piss off, mate. 

Larshelman

I got a reply to a parts request, same scenario, emailed Harvey & he sent me wrong pics of part (snorkel), & Google pic search indicated the pic was a part someone else is selling.
Scam

computerworks

User investigated and found to be illegitimate.

His account deleted and banned.

Please report any similar activity to pitcrew@saac.com