News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Marti Report Statistics

Started by WT6066-2600, January 24, 2024, 02:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT6066-2600

How to interpret Marti Report Statistics of this 68 Metuchen built J Code 4spd convertible:

Over 300K 68 Mustangs were built, do these statistics relate to the total cars produced? (775 AM/FM radios would be a rare option then)

Also, always thought the only "Stereo" system in 68 was for the 8Track radio? (report misstates radio as stereo?)

Were there any 68 Shelbys delivered with an AM/FM (mono or stereo) radio?

Coralsnake

So the way I read that is "775" is for all 1968 convertibles. You also need fastbacks and coupes to come to a total.

It is extremely rare in a 1968 Shelby, but there were a few cars.

I believe both the AM/FM and 8 Tracks were considered "stereo"
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

tesgt350

ALSO, when you read the Stats, I assume the Numbers are for ALL Mustangs added together for that Year, not just the Shelby Mustangs BUT, when talking about the 1969 Shelby's, do those Stats include the 1970 Shelby Numbers as well? 

What about the Stats for the 1970 Mustangs, do they also include the Stats for the 1970 Shelby's?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 24, 2024, 02:13:34 PM
So the way I read that is "775" is for all 1968 convertibles. You also need fastbacks and coupes to come to a total.

It is extremely rare in a 1968 Shelby, but there were a few cars.

I believe both the AM/FM and 8 Tracks were considered "stereo"
+1 in that 68 AM FM was stereo same goes for 69. 67 AM FM radio was mono which can make things confusing .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

TransamEd

4701 AM/FM for all bodystyles of 68 Mustangs. (Source: Mustang by the Numbers from Kevin.)

Coralsnake

Here's the Shelby convertibles, so if you add about the same for fastbacks, probably 8-10

WT6066-2600

Pete, Bob and TransamEd,

Thanks for the feedback.  Probably have some follow-up questions about the AMFM option once I find the box with the original AMFM radio and speaker.

Coralsnake

Cars with the option also carry the "LP" or "STEREO" code on the build tags

WT6066-2600

Had the opportunity to search for the 68 AM/FM stereo radio and parts from a Metechun built 68 Mustang J Code 4psd convertible.  Having never seen this option before and being one of the rarer 68 Mustangs options (only 4701 installed out of 300+k cars), thought I would share pictures of the radio, harness (unfortunately cut at the speakers) and door speaker location.  From the door picture I would assume that when ordering the AM/FM option Ford used the deluxe door with courtesy light cutout (taped over), separately cut the oblong hole for the speaker and installed the deluxe door grilles.

gt350shelb

I had a 68 convert  with factory am/fm . same set up delux lower grills for speakers/ mine also had courtesy lights. with sandard interior 
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Coralsnake

Those wires are all available as reproductions

Royce Peterson

Quote from: WT6066-2600 on March 17, 2024, 07:53:18 PM
Had the opportunity to search for the 68 AM/FM stereo radio and parts from a Metechun built 68 Mustang J Code 4psd convertible. 

The same AM / FM radio is used in a 1968 Cougar. There were not too many radio stations that transmitted on the FM band that year. The option is not common on Cougars either.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock