News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

part identification

Started by imming1965, January 26, 2024, 10:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imming1965

hey can I get some help identifying these brackets and there location? I'm restoring my first 69 shelby convertible and I didn't take it apart. I can't figure out these pieces. thanks
   pictures arrached

Bill Collins

The first photo is of the brackets that mount the extension shafts for the rear quarter window regulator handles on a convertible. They were necessary due to the Shelby unique rear seat side trim panels, which are deeper than those in a regular Mustang convertible to allow room for the roll bar.

The second photo is a support bracket for the front grille assembly - it attaches to the hood catch support in front of the radiator - see photo.

The third one has me stumped but I am certain someone here knows what it is!
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

430dragpack

The middle bracket is a '69-'70 Mustang/Cougar under dash bracket.  It is located right above the gas pedal and goes from one of the brake/clutch pedal firewall support bolts to the lower dash. See first picture

The third bracket could be from a '69-'70 Mustang as well.  Possibly the center A/C duct bracket from the duct to the cowl/firewall. See second picture.
Chris

imming1965

Quote from: 430dragpack on January 26, 2024, 11:20:47 AM
The middle bracket is a '69-'70 Mustang/Cougar under dash bracket.  It is located right above the gas pedal and goes from one of the brake/clutch pedal firewall support bolts to the lower dash.

The third bracket could be from a '69-'70 Mustang as well.  Possibly the center A/C duct bracket from the duct to the cowl/firewall. See picture.
Chris
thanks Chris, on the under dash bracket idea, I had no clue on that one, Jeremy

imming1965

Quote from: Bill Collins on January 26, 2024, 11:18:02 AM
The first photo is of the brackets that mount the extension shafts for the rear quarter window regulator handles on a convertible. They were necessary due to the Shelby unique rear seat side trim panels, which are deeper than those in a regular Mustang convertible to allow room for the roll bar.

The second photo is a support bracket for the front grille assembly - it attaches to the hood catch support in front of the radiator - see photo.

The third one has me stumped but I am certain someone here knows what it is!
thanks Bill on the rear widow crank idea, that makes sense from the part number i was sure it was Shelby related but couldn't figure it out, Jeremy

430dragpack

Jeremy,
Are these from Tom's '69 Shelby, And does it have A/C?  With the December 9th date code on the lower dash bracket, it would be the right time frame.
Chris

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 430dragpack on January 26, 2024, 11:20:47 AM
The middle bracket is a '69-'70 Mustang/Cougar under dash bracket.  It is located right above the gas pedal and goes from one of the brake/clutch pedal firewall support bolts to the lower dash. See first picture

The third bracket could be from a '69-'70 Mustang as well.  Possibly the center A/C duct bracket from the duct to the cowl/firewall. See second picture.
Chris
+ +
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

imming1965

Quote from: 430dragpack on January 26, 2024, 11:37:23 AM
Jeremy,
Are these from Tom's '69 Shelby, And does it have A/C?  With the December 9th date code on the lower dash bracket, it would be the right time frame.
Chris
Chris, that is correct, it has a/c and is Toms. Chris is there any chance you have a picture or know what the convertible top motor bracket looks like. the assembly manual doesn't show a good picture of bracket and the holes on the motor don't line up with the holes on the car where the motor sits