News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Indoor Car Cover Recommendation for Cat Owners

Started by SHELB66, February 01, 2024, 01:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHELB66

It's time to give our indoor 1-1/2 year old sibling cats full run of the house.  This includes the garage (ouch!).  Looking for recommendations for an indoor car cover that would provide maximum protection from potential cat scratches.  I now use a couple of inexpensive covers with donated blankets, throws, comforters, etc. underneath.  They worked previously with our other cats but what a hassle!  Looking to be able to just use a cover only on each car to simplify things.  Any other cat + Shelby owners out there?  Thanks, in advance, for any recommendations.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SHELB66 on February 01, 2024, 01:54:08 PM
It's time to give our indoor 1-1/2 year old sibling cats full run of the house.  This includes the garage (ouch!).  Looking for recommendations for an indoor car cover that would provide maximum protection from potential cat scratches.  I now use a couple of inexpensive covers with donated blankets, throws, comforters, etc. underneath.  They worked previously with our other cats but what a hassle!  Looking to be able to just use a cover only on each car to simplify things.  Any other cat + Shelby owners out there?  Thanks, in advance, for any recommendations.

Craig R.
For indoors besides whatever car cover you decide on I would suggest also to put a piece of plastic on top of the car cover. Besides the loose footing the plastic will cause it should make it less favorable for the cat to walk on . I always do this so that dust does not settle on or migrate through the car the cat thing is just a side effect . I buy the 10ft by 100ft rolls of clear plastic at Home Depot because I have a lot of cars to protect. I change out the plastic once a year because of a build up of dust. It also easier then washing a flannel car cover😉
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Having dealt with the great animal kingdom in South Florida ( you name it we have it ) their is NO CAR COVER that will protect your car from felines.

Had a heavy duty weather tech or cover craft, I think was the brand, big dollar car cover. Let it out for one night and the next door neighbors loon or tiger shredded it with its claws.  Yes in one night, went right through and scratched a 2003 mustang cobras hood.

But with a lot of elbow grease ( actually an electric polisher ) the hood survived.

My suggestion is this, get 1 or 2 old comforters, then buy a over sized car cover. Put over the comforters and hope for the best.

Good luck
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

Quote from: 557 on February 01, 2024, 07:45:46 PM
Declaw.....

NOPE.

I have had many paint corrections and ceramic coatings and my detailer always tells me NO Car Cover. The car is inside, its warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Every tim you remove and put it on, it is dulling the paint. Don't blame the cat. A cat's claw will not come out on a smooth finish, they do not scratch something they cannot. Also, so some love and carefully trim your cat's claws once a week or so.

My 6th cents.
RARE  Signature Delete

Rickmustang

1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT