News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Four 68 Shelby Hubcaps For Sale PRICE LOWERED

Started by Fast Fords, February 02, 2024, 01:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Fords

I have four original 68 Shelby hubcaps for sale. These hubcaps would be in excellent condition with a little bit of work. They hardly have any curb rash on them. The center sections between the spokes will need painting along with the gray around the lug nuts. With this little bit of work, you could have a near perfect set of hubcaps. Price for the four is $1100 plus shipping. If interested in more pictures, email gandcmurphy@rogers.com  Thanks.

Fast Fords

QuickSilverShelby

I've been looking for a set of these for years but I am looking for a well restored set.  What I am wondering, is, if a guy Like Tim Lea (or someone else capable of restoring 68 hubcaps) would even consider restoring these and if he felt that he could bring them up to a condition that would be worth the investment?

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Coralsnake

If your plan is to restore them , its going to be somewhere in $150-$250 range for each hubcap.

Thats been my experience. Even then you need a very good set to start with.

A good set means

Good chrome on the cast center section
No pimples anywhere
No broken lugs
Decent stainless pie plates without gouges or excessive rub marks

Just getting to that starting point usually involves buying several sets
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

QuickSilverShelby

Thanks Pete.  I appreciate your help.

QSS

KDunne

Quote from: Coralsnake on February 06, 2024, 12:02:48 PM
If your plan is to restore them , its going to be somewhere in $150-$250 range for each hubcap.

Thats been my experience. Even then you need a very good set to start with.

A good set means

Good chrome on the cast center section
No pimples anywhere
No broken lugs
Decent stainless pie plates without gouges or excessive rub marks

Just getting to that starting point usually involves buying several sets

Truer words have never been spoken.......I lost count of how many set i had to buy to get decent centers

TLea

Centers on these have a lot of pimples (pits). Would be real expensive and the end result would be marginal.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on February 06, 2024, 11:57:36 AM
I've been looking for a set of these for years but I am looking for a well restored set.  What I am wondering, is, if a guy Like Tim Lea (or someone else capable of restoring 68 hubcaps) would even consider restoring these and if he felt that he could bring them up to a condition that would be worth the investment?

QSS
I got a good friend who now has collected a lot of hubcaps and extra wheels for his 68 GT350 vert including a full box of NOS hubcaps bought from another member(Thanks Don). If you are in no hurry as his car is a long project when he decides exactly what to do he will be selling his extras. He even bought a pair of the 15"  NOS Galaxie caps just for the pie plates. If you find any that are pitted or bad chrome  then they are not worth restoring.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Fast Fords

I agree, these hubcaps are not perfect but they are in nice condition for that high end driver car. They are not in show condition as they need to be repainted and the chrome will need some sanding.

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: TLea on February 07, 2024, 04:32:21 PM
Centers on these have a lot of pimples (pits). Would be real expensive and the end result would be marginal.
Thanks Tim.  I was hoping you might chime in.  I appreciate your expertise and skills in restoring 68 hubcaps.

QSS

Fast Fords

Fast Fords

Fast Fords

Fast Fords