News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT500 - 67400F5A03116

Started by 6s1640, February 03, 2024, 03:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Looks like a missing in action car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335240264191?hash=item4e0de079ff:g:0q4AAOSwBABlsZDp&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAABIHgP%2FE%2BipnIIZ2SPpHW1J1UWBxGZ7r1kaEVZMng%2BI38YP6OyojQwFsm3EzKaX8DaOEvQuHrblc4Tq9cVpYrx816ZTY%2BLyX%2FRHLyJwdYZ20ORYLhMYYS8oUq%2BEow9A4BezqK4VYxM0ULQBkN5S23G1ngEaZXfp9mi5mLJYGhALlYMSYHw72IdQk7Q3DIaW9y2E2CSXtCqCVAOfP%2FDnHn%2F4j0mh8%2Fv%2FQ3iSyIydXv8F9lriYWgoOwzT3gUOkbfS%2FfO4iHuETggadEndaR7GmpvU8zKxQfwOL7YjxqSO9F%2Bx07kr7ZbusA1MIugMpmd023ezmzRLM26hhjM29yf%2F1o%2B1Kvrpq28R2IASo76DRDvSmK7uVYVlJVa9dVmElneFlFdKw%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5ielOCtYw

Cory

Description:

Sat in a garage in Chicago area since 1976 and hasn't been driven since 1974.

The original Ford VIN number was verified as 7R02Q213641 (stamped in the driver side fender apron) and as such was built at the San Jose plant. Shelby VIN numbers are stamped on the passenger side inner
fender. The Shelby number which the car's paperwork is registered with (this is normal) is 67400F5A03116. I drilled out one rivet on the fender plate to verify the Shelby ID (per instruction from Marcus Angel).  The odometer mileage on the dash reads as 30,427 and is believed to be original since the car was originally titled in the
owner's name in 1976 and window sticker in the dash shows registration sticker of 1974. Its my understanding from the current family that the car was stored and not driven since this approximate time frame. This Shelby was originally sold thru Jack Loftus Ford in Hinsdale IL and was a later production Shelby having been released from Ford production in late June of 1967.

The engine itself is partially disassembled. The intake has been removed and the original parts were found in the trunk along with replacement lifters, push-rods, rocker arms and gaskets that appear to be intended for re-assembly. Radiator looks like it has been re-cored. Engine rolls over freely when turning the crankshaft with a 1/2" ratchet and socket on the front crank bolt. Alternator and power steering pump are laying on the front frame rails and still connected to the hoses and wiring. Many of the original parts are still with the car. The original rocker arms and push-rods were wrapped in newspaper dated 1977. There is an aftermarket coil and bracket and the under-hood wiring to the original coil has been modified to accommodate it. Some of the original under hood components are missing such as the washer bag and pump, original ignition coil and bracket, original battery and hold-down, back half of the exhaust, original shifter, shift boot and bezel, antenna(?) and original rear shocks. These are what I know are missing, If you don't see it in the pictures it is not included in the sale.

The car still carries its original Dark Moss green paint although it does have graffiti scratched into the top of the drivers side fender and door. The engine compartment has been spray painted blue and holes are cut in the shock towers (not sure why...see pics). The fiberglass hood is with the car but cracked and the hood hinges are missing. The hood has been fitted with locks on the firewall side (probably due to or because the hood hinges were removed). The right rear 1/4 panel has been repaired with a replacement panel...it appears to be a very professional repair...no bondo mess...spot welded...see pics for details. The paint is not original from the ledge on the right rear 1/4 panel and down beginning at the right rear door striker and back to the spoiler and rear bezel. Other areas have been touched up on the rear...see pics. It appears at one time the right rear shock came loose at the top and poked through the trunk...also has air shocks installed and a hole drilled for the air fitting in the trunk. The jack lift points on the sub-frame rails have been dented.

The Interior is largely intact with most of the original parts including the roll bar (minus the shoulder belts). Someone cut holes in the back trunk panel for speaker mounts. A mouse got into the headliner and chewed above the driver's visor and a hole on the passenger side above the seat. The seats are soft and supple and do not appear to have damage other than surface mold and some kind of glue on the plastic that peels off when I scratch it with my fingernail.

The underside appears to have been treated with some kind of undercoating and is preserved better in those areas. Has the original wheels and includes the spare tire and a jack that was in the trunk but no hold-down hardware or tire iron/wrench.

The locks and hinges on the doors and trunk work and I have the keys.

acapulco350

These project type cars don't seem to come a lot

For the right price this could be a great car for someone that could do most of the work themselves

Great colour and if the miles are genuine then it's a big win for lucky new owner

Will be interesting to see what it sells for

"If " the car market is going down

Coralsnake

Grand Rapids is giving up the cars lately

Not a 67 tag guy, but that one looks interesting
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on February 03, 2024, 06:45:14 AM
Grand Rapids is giving up the cars lately

Not a 67 tag guy, but that one looks interesting
The tag is genuine. The stamping may seem a little different but nothing that sends up red flags IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

6s1640

Quote from: 557 on February 03, 2024, 09:45:13 PM
Blue inner fender?

Interesting that's what caught your eye.  Yes, blue engine compartment.  But that doesn't concern me much.  It is this massive butchered hole in the shock towers that caught my attention.  Ugh

Cory

CharlesTurner

Quote from: 6s1640 on February 03, 2024, 10:42:37 PM
Interesting that's what caught your eye.  Yes, blue engine compartment.  But that doesn't concern me much.  It is this massive butchered hole in the shock towers that caught my attention.  Ugh

Spark plug changing mod?   ;D ;D
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

KR Convertible

I'm not sure I would call that quarter panel replacement job a "very professional job".  At least it was an NOS panel.

I would think the car would be kinda squirrely on the road with the shock towers weakened like that.

shelbymann1970

So it doesn't say "reserve not met" so it must be.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Special Ed

We had the 13,000 mile  1969 white boss 429 that seller is talking about that was sitting next to this shelby. We had it on display at my building when we had open house at our first indiana fall classic show. The car cleaned up and we got it running again and everything back on car to be a complete all original car and is now in the california all original once collection along with other original unrestored boss 429s. We needed a white car to try and get all colors of boss 429s and only need a 69 black jade and 70 grabber orange and 70 pastel yet to complete collection so if anybody knows of those colored boss 429s finders fees will be paid for unrestored cars only. thanks

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Special Ed on February 04, 2024, 09:35:38 AM
We had the 13,000 mile  1969 white boss 429 that seller is talking about that was sitting next to this shelby. We had it on display at my building when we had open house at our first indiana fall classic show. The car cleaned up and we got it running again and everything back on car to be a complete all original car and is now in the california all original once collection along with other original unrestored boss 429s. We needed a white car to try and get all colors of boss 429s and only need a 69 black jade and 70 grabber orange and 70 pastel yet to complete collection so if anybody knows of those colored boss 429s finders fees will be paid for unrestored cars only. thanks
Seraphim's black jade car is not for sale(same with the 71 Hemi) but is it considered a car worthy of that collection?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

capecodmustang.com

The seller just informed me they want to get paid in cash..

Good luck with that...

Kinda complicates things....

Wedgeman

2 piece valve spring retainers on those cylinder heads.......GT390 heads originally had one piece retainers...?

Quote from: 6s1640 on February 03, 2024, 10:42:37 PM
Quote from: 557 on February 03, 2024, 09:45:13 PM
Blue inner fender?

Cory
.  It's all bad...