News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT500 - 67400F5A03116

Started by 6s1640, February 03, 2024, 03:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survivor

Incredible that a seller of this sort of car-in the world we live in today-could be so god damn stupid by going public with what should be and very easily could be confidential info.  And then doing it on a public forum in full view of every governmental branch known to mankind.  And flaunting the rules of Ebay all the while.  I cry foul-it's a bunch of bs.  Bret hit it spot on-if he truly has the 150k offer in cash, you end the auction and make the deal.  Nice and quiet.  No eyes and ears on the process.  Ebay needs to step in and end the auction and let this guy flap in the wind...

stephen_becker

He said he sold a BOSS 9 car to a guy in CA some time ago - Went into a survivor collection of all colors BOSS 9 cars -

JD

Quote from: stephen_becker on February 05, 2024, 01:34:56 PM
He said he sold a BOSS 9 car to a guy in CA some time ago - Went into a survivor collection of all colors BOSS 9 cars -
[/i][/color]

See below, reply #10 on the first page of this thread...

Special Ed
View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: 1967 GT500 - 67400F5A03116
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2024, 09:35:38 AM »
We had the 13,000 mile  1969 white boss 429 that seller is talking about that was sitting next to this shelby. We had it on display at my building when we had open house at our first indiana fall classic show. The car cleaned up and we got it running again and everything back on car to be a complete all original car and is now in the california all original once collection along with other original unrestored boss 429s. We needed a white car to try and get all colors of boss 429s and only need a 69 black jade and 70 grabber orange and 70 pastel yet to complete collection so if anybody knows of those colored boss 429s finders fees will be paid for unrestored cars only. thanks
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

acapulco350

$150k in cash is a something that should of been taken, car needs some work

If anyone knows the market it is you Bret

Dicking around on eBay and then telling the high bidder you want cash is not very fair

quote author=capecodmustang.com link=topic=25849.msg191616#msg191616 date=1707151736]
Quote from: stephen_becker on February 05, 2024, 10:14:17 AM
Spoke with owner/seller this a.m.

He is very well-versed  and in the know

He tells me that he has a guaranteed offer on the table for $150,000 cash so if the auction does not exceed that amount, he will be taking that person's standing cash in a bag offer

Steve:  This seller is putting himself in a bad position.
If someone truly offered him $150,000 in cash he'd be best to get a small deposit via paypal and then end the auction.
Then let the buyer show up with the $$$$..

If he doesn't end the auction, the high bidder is then informed after the bidding ends that the seller wants "cash".
What happens then if the guy is in Waco TX but is just told that Mr. Michigan wants cash for his purchase?
He has the $$$ but no way to get that $$$ to him.

Also, if the high bidder is sincere he's then told someone offered "more" so his bid isn't honored .

I should also point out in the Ebay advertisment it says "Payment:  wire to my account"...

And I know my Shelby's.
If someone truly offered him $150,000 I suggest he makes the deal and ends the auction at once.

Just my .02
[/quote]

Special Ed

Yes the boss 9  the seller was talking about went to california after we fixed and corrected it and it was a great survivor  all original car that i had the missing original parts to make it complete smog etc. We bought car for well over 200 and more than the highest ebay bidder but it was a color needed for the collection and sometimes u gotta pay up if its a car u really want or need. A year  or so ago i bought a car  for $30.000 more than the highest Bring a trailer auction highest bid after the auction but it was a car that  i wanted because it had the color combo, drivetrain, options  etc i had been looking for a long time so sometimes cars sell for over market $ but  if its exactly what the buyer was looking for and the timing was right or he simply didnt want to wait  any longer to buy his dream car that he may never have another chance to buy again and enjoy driving it while he still can.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on February 05, 2024, 12:14:55 PM
I think we are in agreement

I dont see a reserve price in the auction?
The 49K opening bid was the reserve price so to speak. I do not believe you can have a reserve auction with an opening price bid of-say-49K?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Special Ed

JD

Quote from: Special Ed on February 06, 2024, 02:17:11 PM
Auction ended hummmm

Very curious...

...This listing was ended by the seller on Tue, Feb 6 at 10:33 AM because there was an error in the listing. ..."
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Britton

Per the Shelby Research Facebook group, it looks like the buyer is from Tennessee.

Quote from: JD on February 06, 2024, 02:25:57 PM
Quote from: Special Ed on February 06, 2024, 02:17:11 PM
Auction ended hummmm

Very curious...

...This listing was ended by the seller on Tue, Feb 6 at 10:33 AM because there was an error in the listing. ..."
1967 GT350 #2645

stephen_becker

That's exactly what he did - took the cash, closed the auction & sold the car

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on February 05, 2024, 11:48:56 AM
Quote from: stephen_becker on February 05, 2024, 10:14:17 AM
Spoke with owner/seller this a.m.

He is very well-versed  and in the know

He tells me that he has a guaranteed offer on the table for $150,000 cash so if the auction does not exceed that amount, he will be taking that person's standing cash in a bag offer

Steve:  This seller is putting himself in a bad position.
If someone truly offered him $150,000 in cash he'd be best to get a small deposit via paypal and then end the auction.
Then let the buyer show up with the $$$$..

If he doesn't end the auction, the high bidder is then informed after the bidding ends that the seller wants "cash".
What happens then if the guy is in Waco TX but is just told that Mr. Michigan wants cash for his purchase?
He has the $$$ but no way to get that $$$ to him.

Also, if the high bidder is sincere he's then told someone offered "more" so his bid isn't honored .

I should also point out in the Ebay advertisment it says "Payment:  wire to my account"...

And I know my Shelby's.
If someone truly offered him $150,000 I suggest he makes the deal and ends the auction at once.

Just my .02