News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SOLD: 1987 SAAC Registry

Started by silverton_ford, February 04, 2024, 11:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

For Sale or Trade SOLD:

1987 SAAC registry.   Good used.  Does show wear, but information is all legible.

$40 SOLD - plus shipping or prefer to trade for a 1982 copy.

I bought this at a swap meet the other day thinking this was the last one I needed for my collection, but found I already had it and need the 1982 copy.  I am just passing this along for the price I paid.   Send me a PM if you are interested.  Thank you.

SFM5S000

silverton_ford

pbf777

Well, the ol' '70 Shelby's moment of fame in SAAC, being on the cover jacket!  8)

Wait..............is that a non original O.E.M., as it left the factory hood scoop (like these didn't have enough scoops & vents to start with! ::))?  And man, those rear tires sure do hang outside of those fender wells a bunch!  :o

Well, I guess we would of course probably have to acknowledge the value of having the P51 in the back-drop!  ::)

Scott.

JohnSlack

Quote from: pbf777 on February 07, 2024, 10:50:01 AM
Well, the ol' '70 Shelby's moment of fame in SAAC, being on the cover jacket!  8)

Wait..............is that a non original O.E.M., as it left the factory hood scoop (like these didn't have enough scoops & vents to start with! ::))?  And man, those rear tires sure do hang outside of those fender wells a bunch!  :o

Well, I guess we would of course probably have to acknowledge the value of having the P51 in the back-drop!  ::)

Scott.

Scott,
A P-51 in the background is always a good thing.

John

tesgt350

Quote from: pbf777 on February 07, 2024, 10:50:01 AM

Scott.

Some where in my stash of Shelby stuff, and it's a lot, I have about 5 of those Dust Jackets that are NOS.

pbf777

Quote from: tesgt350 on February 07, 2024, 03:45:28 PM
Some where in my stash of Shelby stuff, and it's a lot, I have about 5 of those Dust Jackets that are NOS.

If you happen to ever find them, and perhaps wish to sell one, I'd like to get one.    ;D

Scott.

tesgt350

Quote from: pbf777 on February 07, 2024, 04:12:05 PM
Quote from: tesgt350 on February 07, 2024, 03:45:28 PM

If you happen to ever find them, and perhaps wish to sell one, I'd like to get one.    ;D

Scott.

OK, I will hunt for them.

KR Convertible

pbf777

Quote from: tesgt350 on February 07, 2024, 04:21:03 PM
OK, I will hunt for them.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, do to the years of exposure my edition looks similar to the one above (not to mention it seems the green (nor red) ink utilized wasn't very U.V. tolerant  :() , and it would be nice to have something better if only for remembrance (perhaps for framing  ::)) sake.

Scott.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: JohnSlack on February 07, 2024, 01:38:26 PMA P-51 in the background is always a good thing.
You can never have too many Mustangs even if they have a GM Allison V-12. Yeah I know the Merlin was faster but it was an import. Chevy even used the same valve cover look on the BB.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Road Reptile

Hi,
Just a quick history lesson on the Merlin. By largest count they were assembeled by Packard so even with the RR connection they
are still somewhat domestic. Also way above the Generous Mistake Allison for power-reliability-and most say the Merlin is the best
QUALITY 12 EVER. Packard was the supplier of engines for tanks as well as marine vessels of WW2. They never get the credit they
deserve, and so much of what we use in todays cars can be traced back to them. Sorry for the rant, it is not meant to upset anyone
just to keep history accurate.
R.R.

SFM5S000

S7MS427

Quote from: Road Reptile on February 07, 2024, 06:50:31 PM
Hi,
Just a quick history lesson on the Merlin. By largest count they were assembled by Packard so even with the RR connection they
are still somewhat domestic. Also way above the Generous Mistake Allison for power-reliability-and most say the Merlin is the best
QUALITY 12 EVER. Packard was the supplier of engines for tanks as well as marine vessels of WW2. They never get the credit they
deserve, and so much of what we use in today's cars can be traced back to them. Sorry for the rant, it is not meant to upset anyone
just to keep history accurate.
R.R.
Thanks, R.R. I was about to make that point that the Merlins in Mustangs were produced by Packard. You beat me to it and were more informative in any case. Good job!
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

hertzdonut

Took a flight in a P51 out of Janesville, Wi in 2019. The best money I ever spent
and will remember it till the day I die. My father was an instructor like Shelby in
WW2 except dad flew fighters and I think Shelby flew bombers?       Terry