News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Your tires are too sticky

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, February 05, 2024, 07:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Progressives spent last year torturing home cooks by threatening gas stoves and dishwashers in pursuit of energy efficiency. Now the climate brigade is going after drivers. A new bill in Washington state would give regulators the ability to ban tires that create a drag on fuel efficiency.

The proposal would give the state Department of Commerce authority to prevent the sale of replacement tires that the state says have too much "rolling resistance," which decreases the fuel efficiency of the vehicles.

Washington has a rare triple whammy here in a bill that would limit consumer options, make tires more expensive and make drivers less safe. It underscores how progressives are using climate as an excuse to intervene in nearly every corner of the U.S. economy.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

pbf777

I find it amazing that these groups, the power-hungry, along with the tree huggers, haven't been after the tire industry more aggressively to date, as the EPA has outlined that it is the tire that is the greatest producer of solid particulate invasion into the environment off the automobile; and I should think that that "official" statement would have painted an awfully large target on this industry.   :-\

But then maybe, it has begun!   ::)

Scott.