News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Last first gen GT350 up for auction

Started by Mikelj5S230, February 09, 2024, 08:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

MAMA MIA !  what a spicy meatball currently at $205K

Love those real ones....
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

We can all now rest easy on the tag, perfect explanation on why its a bit different...

I have all UNGOLD cars

J_Speegle

Quote from: FL SAAC on February 19, 2024, 05:54:52 PM
We can all now rest easy on the tag, perfect explanation on why its a bit different...

WOW what a statement !!!

Just focusing on the later half
"shows that the plant was in San Jose which was close to the lax facility and the K code for the motor was a destination to a high performance Shelby"

When was San Jose close to Los Angeles?  (it was really Milpitas nor San Jose ;) Distance between the two about 400 miles

And a "K" code for the motor means it was ....  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Got to love or hate BAT

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

I think he meant to say "last batch" not "lost batch" regardless this is exactly how misinformation is spread and other informed people latch on to it.

Arguing about if this the last car actually built is silly in my mind. There are obviously some people ( informed or not ) that value the highest number

Its time to cue up 1968 #1 my friend...
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

capecodmustang.com

If the last 66 is at $250,000 with fees...
....What is a Shelby with #0001 worth?

SBCARGUY

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on February 19, 2024, 07:23:49 PM

MORE.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

FL SAAC

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on February 19, 2024, 07:23:49 PM

You thought two fiddy was high, well its at $263K and 17 hours still left in the 3rd quarter.

This is going to be one helluva fairy tale ending

Wondering if the buyer will pay in "cash money"......

I have all UNGOLD cars

BGlover67

The underside of this thing kinda reminds of the 1957 Plymouth Belvedere buried a half-century ago and unearthed in '07 out in Tulsa. 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

FL SAAC

Quote from: BGlover67 on February 19, 2024, 08:00:14 PM
The underside of this thing kinda reminds of the 1957 Plymouth Belvedere buried a half-century ago and unearthed in '07 out in Tulsa.

I remember that thing

I have all UNGOLD cars

csx289

I will not comment on the current $263k bid or what the car is or is not. That train is on autopilot  :D

I will comment that I am surprised that nobody on BaT (or here) has researched the BaT seller. His history with the Cunningham LeMans Corvette, Key Bank and NextGear financial judging by a simple Google search and what was published in many articles in Sports Car Market by Legal Files columnist John Draneas is interesting reading.

Certainly I'd suggest the winning bidder, if there is one, complete this transaction with a trusted escrow service. Which, is good advice with any high dollar car from an unknown seller, right?

Attached is a screenshot from one of the SCM articles. Also, since the seller owned this GT350 prior to these proceedings, was it declared as an asset? If not would the creditors have a claim to the car or sale proceeds? I'm not an attorney but it seems maybe that's a question one would ask.

Should be a fascinating and entertaining conclusion in any event!

FL SAAC

Quote from: csx289 on February 20, 2024, 09:41:20 AM
I will not comment on the current $263k bid or what the car is or is not. That train is on autopilot  :D

I will comment that I am surprised that nobody on BaT (or here) has researched the BaT seller. His history with the Cunningham LeMans Corvette, Key Bank and NextGear financial judging by a simple Google search and what was published in many articles in Sports Car Market by Legal Files columnist John Draneas is interesting reading.

Certainly I'd suggest the winning bidder, if there is one, complete this transaction with a trusted escrow service. Which, is good advice with any high dollar car from an unknown seller, right?

Attached is a screenshot from one of the SCM articles. Also, since the seller owned this GT350 prior to these proceedings, was it declared as an asset? If not would the creditors have a claim to the car or sale proceeds? I'm not an attorney but it seems maybe that's a question one would ask.

Interesting turn to this fairytale.....stay tuned !

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

Quote from: csx289 on February 20, 2024, 09:41:20 AM

I'm impressed you found out so much. I see the seller. A private seller so how did you find out who he was? Dealers are easy for the most part. Kudos on your sleuthing.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

csx289

Shelbymann I'd like to take credit for being tenacious but it is nothing of the sort. If you watch the Hagerty video posted his name is on the screen...I purchased a 289 Cobra from him years ago and it was a far more exciting transaction than I had hoped for. Lol. Others here have had similar experiences. Also, I had friends involved in the Cunningham Corvette saga, unfortunately. So we can all speak from experience.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: csx289 on February 20, 2024, 10:05:25 AM
Shelbymann I'd like to take credit for being tenacious but it is nothing of the sort. If you watch the Hagerty video posted his name is on the screen...I purchased a 289 Cobra from him years ago and it was a far more exciting transaction than I had hoped for. Lol. Others here have had similar experiences. Also, I had friends involved in the Cunningham Corvette saga, unfortunately. So we can all speak from experience.
Thanks. I guess a lesson here is if you bid on a car like that, contact the seller. Get to know a little about the seller(Name, address and phone number for an in person chat) and then proceed.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Mikelj5S230

The Cunningham Corvette debacle, and all those involved, is a legend in the Corvette world, along with several other faked "rare" cars, etc.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.