News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Last first gen GT350 up for auction

Started by Mikelj5S230, February 09, 2024, 08:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbyhertz66

I guess we will have to wait for the next to last one made to come along.

stangman39

I've been active on BaT (not as active as shelbymann1970, he is like a celebrity there!  :) ) but they have turned me off a bit in the last year or 2.
I know numerous instances (myself included) where the reserve they were stuck on was not close to what they owner/seller wanted and the owner ended up going to another auction venue and blew it outta the park!  Ended up working out well for the seller but it makes BaT look bad.
I even shared some of those details with BaT and they never replied!  As Bret said earlier, they think they know more than we do!

shelbymann1970

Quote from: stangman39 on February 21, 2024, 11:19:14 AM
I've been active on BaT (not as active as shelbymann1970, he is like a celebrity there!  :) ) but they have turned me off a bit in the last year or 2.
I know numerous instances (myself included) where the reserve they were stuck on was not close to what they owner/seller wanted and the owner ended up going to another auction venue and blew it outta the park!  Ended up working out well for the seller but it makes BaT look bad.
I even shared some of those details with BaT and they never replied!  As Bret said earlier, they think they know more than we do!
I hope I'm not a celebrity there or anywhere. Bat doesn't like me. I tried posting twice this morning and they reviewed and didn't let me post on the 66. Too many times I get a "are you sure you want to do that"? Heck even when I haven't posted for a couple of days. I think I pissed off a few workers saying they do not know how to do writeups. They don't. I offered my services in the future. No response.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

stangman39

I was just joking.  You are pretty well known on there tho

shelbymann1970

Quote from: stangman39 on February 21, 2024, 11:42:38 AM
I was just joking.  You are pretty well known on there tho
Yeah, I know what you meant(smiley face) but I got some haters. I much rather fly under the radar but have met a lot of new friends thanks to BaT. Like I say I am still learning and there is a lot to learn. Those who really know me know I'm here for the hobby and not any self gratification like some accuse me of. I want the future generations to enjoy these cars like we do.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

pbf777

If I may add to the experiences associated with B.A.T.:

Two years ago, I was a bidder on a ...............Corvette  :o,  yeah I know, absolute blasphemy, but anyway, like most things there the price went beyond what I thought was acceptable, so I bowed out in the bidding process and the car "sold" to another.  But then shortly thereafter I received an email from B.A.T. stating that the seller would accept the bid I had made; the curious thought was that I was actually third in line based on the bids; I guess he lost both of the other higher bidders (?) and was working his way down the list?   :-\

Scott.

P.S. Oh yeah, I did buy the car.   8)

shelbymann1970

Quote from: pbf777 on February 21, 2024, 01:08:09 PM

Two years ago, I was a bidder on a ...............Corvette  :o,  yeah I know, absolute blasphemy, but anyway, like most things there the price went beyond what I thought was acceptable, so I bowed out in the bidding process and the car "sold" to another.  But then shortly thereafter I received an email from B.A.T. stating that the seller would accept the bid I had made; the curious thought was that I was actually third in line based on the bids; I guess he lost both of the other higher bidders (?) and was working his way down the list?   :-\

Scott.

So did they erase all of their bids down to yours and another who wasn't the part of the 3? To be clear aaa bids 20K you bid 21K  BBB bids 22K CCC bids 23K you bid 24K and you 3 keep going back and forth until CCC wins it at 50K, BBB bowed out at 49K and you had bid 48K. Did you get the car at 48K or your 21K since the other 2 bidders were not real? I'm curious on how that would work. 

I will never understand how someone could appreciate a Mustang but not a Camaro or Corvette. I love them all. Mopars included.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

KR Convertible

"Are you sure you want to do that?" comes up almost every time I post.  And "BaT is reviewing your comment", too

Mikelj5S230

Scott.

Since I own more Corvettes than Shelbys, no problem there at all, welcome to the club.  I have heard of bidders backing out, 2 in a row in line is something I have not heard about before. But I guess if one has, 2 is possible as well.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

pbf777

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 21, 2024, 01:20:13 PM
So did they erase all of their bids down to yours and another who wasn't the part of the 3?

I understand your inquiry, and while such a scenario might have been nice(er), I took the follow up dialogue as: "I'll accept what you offered, if that agrees with you"; which I felt was quite a reasonable offer (note that I have been accused of squeaking while I'm walking before  ::) ) and anything less even I would have felt badly of.   :)

Scott.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: pbf777 on February 21, 2024, 04:18:37 PM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 21, 2024, 01:20:13 PM
So did they erase all of their bids down to yours and another who wasn't the part of the 3?

I understand your inquiry, and while such a scenario might have been nice(er), I took the follow up dialogue as: "I'll accept what you offered, if that agrees with you"; which I felt was quite a reasonable offer (note that I have been accused of squeaking while I'm walking before  ::) ) and anything less even I would have felt badly of.   :)

Scott.
That falls under what I have said before-bid what you are willing to pay for a car because you don't know who is really bidding against you. Congrats on getting for a price you liked.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

capecodmustang.com

Scott.

Thanks for sharing this...

It's rather revealing

shelbymann1970

Quote from: KR Convertible on February 21, 2024, 01:45:22 PM
"Are you sure you want to do that?" comes up almost every time I post.  And "BaT is reviewing your comment", too
The "Reviewing your comment" usually comes right after a RNM auction.  Sometimes right away sometimes a little while later. On that 66 I posted 3 comment during the day and they didn't post any of them while they posted many others from other users. They censor the comments. If a car sells they do not review the comments but once-and only once-I had a day where they were reviewing my comments all day long on different auctions. I've called BaT out on some of this and of course other users never saw it because it was a comment directed at BaT they were definitely not going to post. I've been flagged once and what I was flagged for was a joke. It was definitely the seller who flagged me and he is a high end seller who sells a lot of cars on BaT. It was about the darkness of his pics didn't show what most buyers would want to see detail wise. They are "frameable" types of pics. But what buyer wants fluff pics? They want to see the warts not have them hidden by professional photography.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Mikelj5S230

Yes, they censor and must have some AI algorithms to spot objectionable words. I mentioned in the thread here about a special color '68 about how I quoted an old movie line with the word "Democrat" in it, and they rejected it and didn't publish it.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

427hunter

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 22, 2024, 07:12:01 AM
Quote from: KR Convertible on February 21, 2024, 01:45:22 PM
The "Reviewing your comment" usually comes right after a RNM auction.  Sometimes right away sometimes a little while later. On that 66 I posted 3 comment during the day and they didn't post any of them while they posted many others from other users. They censor the comments. If a car sells they do not review the comments but once-and only once-I had a day where they were reviewing my comments all day long on different auctions. I've called BaT out on some of this and of course other users never saw it because it was a comment directed at BaT they were definitely not going to post. I've been flagged once and what I was flagged for was a joke. It was definitely the seller who flagged me and he is a high end seller who sells a lot of cars on BaT. It was about the darkness of his pics didn't show what most buyers would want to see detail wise. They are "frameable" types of pics. But what buyer wants fluff pics? They want to see the warts not have them hidden by professional photography.

They have an algorithm called trolltrace now, you must be on that list.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years