News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Last first gen GT350 up for auction

Started by Mikelj5S230, February 09, 2024, 08:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 427hunter on February 22, 2024, 10:25:29 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 22, 2024, 07:12:01 AM
Quote from: KR Convertible on February 21, 2024, 01:45:22 PM
"Are you sure you want to do that?" comes up almost every time I post.  And "BaT is reviewing your comment", too
The "Reviewing your comment" usually comes right after a RNM auction.  Sometimes right away sometimes a little while later. On that 66 I posted 3 comment during the day and they didn't post any of them while they posted many others from other users. They censor the comments. If a car sells they do not review the comments but once-and only once-I had a day where they were reviewing my comments all day long on different auctions. I've called BaT out on some of this and of course other users never saw it because it was a comment directed at BaT they were definitely not going to post. I've been flagged once and what I was flagged for was a joke. It was definitely the seller who flagged me and he is a high end seller who sells a lot of cars on BaT. It was about the darkness of his pics didn't show what most buyers would want to see detail wise. They are "frameable" types of pics. But what buyer wants fluff pics? They want to see the warts not have them hidden by professional photography.

They have an algorithm called trolltrace now, you must be on that list.
Hey guy with 2 first names I'm adding you to my ignore list like so many others have. You add zero to conversation and attack people. You are a sad little man. If they had troll trace on here you and your little buddy Antonio would be gone. LOL
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

427hunter

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 22, 2024, 12:57:29 PM
Quote from: 427hunter on February 22, 2024, 10:25:29 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 22, 2024, 07:12:01 AM
Quote from: KR Convertible on February 21, 2024, 01:45:22 PM
"Are you sure you want to do that?" comes up almost every time I post.  And "BaT is reviewing your comment", too
The "Reviewing your comment" usually comes right after a RNM auction.  Sometimes right away sometimes a little while later. On that 66 I posted 3 comment during the day and they didn't post any of them while they posted many others from other users. They censor the comments. If a car sells they do not review the comments but once-and only once-I had a day where they were reviewing my comments all day long on different auctions. I've called BaT out on some of this and of course other users never saw it because it was a comment directed at BaT they were definitely not going to post. I've been flagged once and what I was flagged for was a joke. It was definitely the seller who flagged me and he is a high end seller who sells a lot of cars on BaT. It was about the darkness of his pics didn't show what most buyers would want to see detail wise. They are "frameable" types of pics. But what buyer wants fluff pics? They want to see the warts not have them hidden by professional photography.

They have an algorithm called trolltrace now, you must be on that list.
Hey guy with 2 first names I'm adding you to my ignore list like so many others have. You add zero to conversation and attack people. You are a sad little man. If they had troll trace on here you and your little buddy Antonio would be gone. LOL

Two first names? As usual I think you are confused but still dead set on sharing an opinion as a fact.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Mikelj5S230

Very interesting what is happening to me now on BaT. For years my comments when right to being published, and now after my comments on this auction, all are now being reviewed by the staff and held.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: MikeljGT500HE on February 25, 2024, 02:03:49 PM
Very interesting what is happening to me now on BaT. For years my comments when right to being published, and now after my comments on this auction, all are now being reviewed by the staff and held.
Well maybe you are a troll like me? LOL. Of course you are not a troll nor am I like some would suggest as they have no clue what a troll is but the irony they are trolling when they are attacking here. It is hit or miss on the reviewing. I posted on a Corvette auction(black 67) and it posted right away even on the RNM. 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

terlingua11

Looks like they cleaned it up a little bit. Washed the exterior and wiped down the interior-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

6s1640

For the record when the eBay auction link expires.

Cory

Auction Description:

This 1966 Shelby GT-350 Fastback is the "LAST" Production 1st Generation Body Style "BUILT, SOLD and SHIPPED" by Shelby American, Inc.This car was purchased 12 years ago from the 2nd owner. It sat in his garage un-driven since the early 80's. It has remained in the same "As Found" condition until the time of this listing in which exterior and interior have been carefully cleaned with soap and water to remove dust and dirt. The original exterior color from new is Sapphire Blue with Stripe delete. The 2nd owner painted it white. Exterior pictures show the overall rust free panels and lower rockers. Body is very solid with no rust through. Undercarriage pictures show some surface rust.

It retains the original factory installed Drivetrain including 289cu HiPo V8, 4 Spd  Manual Transmission and Rear Axle. The black Vinyl Interior is original and in very good condition with no signs of wear. No attempt has been made to get the motor running to prevent damage to original drivetrain. However, a video showing the crank pulley turning easily by hand proves that motor is not locked.

All numbers have been verified by the Shelby Registry including the original Ford Vin # matching to this assigned Shelby Vin #. All Shelby Documents and copy of 2nd owner Title are included with the sale.

This Shelby was recently listed on another online auction in which reserve was not met. It was presented in its "AS FOUND" condition including all the dust and dirt. It did not meet the target reserve price set.

My concept on this sale is simple, the buyer gets to step into my shoes and buy what I found 12 years ago, the way I found it. The buyer gets to choose what they do to it, how they do it and where they have it done. The only difference with this listing and the previous listing is it's cleaned up so that all the concerns over rust and corrosion can be put to rest.

FL SAAC

whooo doggie what a nice exterior clean up job !

Would love to see this  car in person
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

terlingua11

Don't forget the bottom line quote on the eBay listing-

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a significant car built by the iconic Carroll Shelby during the period he was in control of Shelby American. During the previous Auction, between the educated commenters and speculation of what this cars actual perceived value in the current "As Found" condition, was $500,000.00. That half million dollar value was based on the car prior to clean up this week which now confirms the overall outstanding condition of the metal.
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

NC TRACKRAT

...and the idiot put the "engine number" (which is frowned upon here) in the description and even screwed that up!
5S071, 6S1467

SCJSTU

Well ought to be a 25 percent deduction for washing off the Barn Find dust
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

owenkelley

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 28, 2024, 07:39:36 AM
BaT won't let anyone post on the car's auction now. Try and post and nothing happens. I think they are embarrassed by what transpired. With a price of 363K RNM on BaT and now 350K OBO on Ebay it would appear the bids on BaT were suspect? If not then why not take the 363K as it costs the owner NOTHING even to accept it. It is what it is or so it appears.

It appears the high bid (if it was legitimate) was $263,000.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: owenkelley on February 28, 2024, 07:59:17 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 28, 2024, 07:39:36 AM

It appears the high bid (if it was legitimate) was $263,000.
yep, too early and had not drunk my coffee yet. Deleted my post. Even a real bidder on the car  "MrsSofia" made a comment about some bidders.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Mikelj5S230

I have no idea where the last real money bid was on that car.  I suspect the ones over $150K or so were shills.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: MikeljGT500HE on February 28, 2024, 12:02:40 PM
I have no idea where the last real money bid was on that car.  I suspect the ones over $150K or so were shills.
I'd like to think MrsSofia (205K) might have been by that buyer's history and their comment( " It was a complete shame that's why its not sold... who jumps up 30k with zero buys.") but if it was it was a bid the seller should have been real happy with it.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990