News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1971 Shelby Europa

Started by Don Johnston, February 14, 2024, 12:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

FL SAAC

very kool thanks for sharing
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Don Johnston on February 14, 2024, 12:57:35 PM
I am not familiar with this edition though it may have been discussed before. 

https://www.motortrend.com/features/mump-0505-14-shelby-europa-mustangs-euro-european-mustang/

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/shelby-europa
8)
since Claude sold new Shelbys for the European market back then I had had email discussions with Claude about my export car he sold new. He told me stories about the first and second owners of my 70. He ordered a bunch of 70 Shelbys because the program was ending and it was his source of income at the time and he told me that is why he developed the Shelby Europas.
AS said in the article " All around, Dubois added adjustable Koni shocks to the factory Competition Suspension, which was aided up front by a special geometry setup that Claude based on his race experience. In the rear, he added twin torque links between the chassis and rear axle, along with extra coil springs to stabilize the rear tires during acceleration."
What is interesting is that Claude added Konis. When I bought my car in 1985 fresh from Europe it was sold new on Sept 30 1970(according to the title) and had 6/70 dated Koni shocks that had the  patina of a 15 year old shock on the car. I asked Claude if he installed them on my car and he said his memory had failed him on that recollection or what he did with his factory records. I still have those Konis put away and will restore them one day.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)