News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Did you know February 14th is a very special day for the GT350 ?

Started by FL SAAC, February 16, 2024, 10:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Well read on and Happy Valentines Day !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

kranky

You would think the writers of these articles would at least post the correct photo for the event mentioned (Green Valley, Tx.-February 14th, 1965), not a photo of Dick Carters 1965 GT350 at Laguna Seca at least....

6s1640

FL SAAC

Enjoy the ride  !

I have all UNGOLD cars

TA Coupe

Approximately 76-78 time frame Dick Carter asked me if I wanted to buy his car including spare wheels and engine for $1800. He used to have a small used car lot in San Leandro,ca.
14825 E 14th St, San Leandro, CA 94578

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

6R07mi

I will have to look in my files at home for the name,
  but there is a "Paul Harvey...  the rest of the story" here with the Green Valley Valentines Day inaugural race for SAI GT350 program.

The famous "Flying (Miles) Mustang" photo of 5R002, where he got air under all 4 tires each lap when he hit the hump in the track, the crowd was thrilled at the "show" Ken was providing.

The ( I believe local "Dallas Times" news photographer ) that took the photos that day is also the photographer that took the infamous photo of Jack Ruby shooting Lee H Oswald in the basement of the Dallas PD headquarters!

I doubt this is a Trivial Persuit question,    but now you know the rest of the story !

jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

WT6066-2600

FL SAAC

Quote from: 6R07mi on February 27, 2024, 02:02:05 PM
I will have to look in my files at home for the name,
  but there is a "Paul Harvey...  the rest of the story" here with the Green Valley Valentines Day inaugural race for SAI GT350 program.

The famous "Flying (Miles) Mustang" photo of 5R002, where he got air under all 4 tires each lap when he hit the hump in the track, the crowd was thrilled at the "show" Ken was providing.

The ( I believe local "Dallas Times" news photographer ) that took the photos that day is also the photographer that took the infamous photo of Jack Ruby shooting Lee H Oswald in the basement of the Dallas PD headquarters!

I doubt this is a Trivial Persuit question,    but now you know the rest of the story !

jim p

Fascinating

Thank you for the additional information

I have all UNGOLD cars