News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 Deluxe Seat Back Panel Bracket

Started by casey, February 20, 2024, 03:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casey

Need to buy 1 bracket as pictured. Fits on the upper lip of the seat back panel. Driver and passenger are the same. National Parts Depot shows it on their site, but they can't find a supplier to build them. At $250 for the kit I think I should start.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: casey on February 20, 2024, 03:50:35 PM
  Need to buy 1 bracket as pictured. Fits on the upper lip of the seat back panel. Driver and passenger are the same. National Parts Depot shows it on their site, but they can't find a supplier to build them. At $250 for the kit I think I should start.
The price is all relative IMO. Look at what any of the individual repro parts for that same deluxe seat sell for.  That clip is what is typically broken off or missing on the 67 Deluxe seat back hardware . The other ones don't see the same action as that seat back clip. You also have to decide what is your time worth and stress level worth looking for the part? If I were you and was able to find a kit for 250.00 I would buy it without hesitation and sell off the unused parts because it is hard to judge how long you might look before you found another . That is if you see a set for sale on Ebay or the like . That is where I have occasionally have seen them. Regardless best of luck on you search and I will try and remember this post in case I come across one.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6S1568

casey

Problem solved by a senior member after looking everywhere else unsuccessfully. Thanks to the member and a salute to the Club.