News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

HiPo choke cable - Original vs Repop

Started by 6s1640, February 20, 2024, 10:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

Hi Cory,

Found this photo of a 65 HiPo Fairlane bracket on the Fairlane Club of America Forum, posted by Bob Mannel...
Dave - 6S1757

6s1640

Wow Dave, you are the man.  That is completely different.  There should be no confusion there if one finds a HiPo choke cable at a swap meet and has this bracket.  I was under the impression the difference was very subtle.  This is not.

Thank you

Cory

NC TRACKRAT

Here's another one for you. I believe the application may be for Rancheros and/or Falcons. The cable is approximately 49.5 inches long and the bracket dimensions are 1.5 inches for the horizontal leg and 2.0 inches for the vertical leg.
5S071, 6S1467

FL SAAC

Fascinating topic, on mine it all checks out

Great info
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

We need to take a lesson from the OREO cookie. Do you like the Oreo or Catalina Crunch better?....I eat Catalina Crunch, because I have to. What would I rather eat? The Oreo. it is the original where the Catalina Crunch is the re-pop. The re-pop is not as good, but if you have to eat/use it, you take what works....
SO, the Oreo/original choke cable assembly is better than the Catalina Crunch, reproduction or copy, but if you only have the repro/Catalina Crunch, then you use it. Maybe someday you will be able to buy a original choke assembly, but I will never go back to the Oreo again.
This was purely a joke post, when today I got out a Catalina Crunch cookie and found this defect, and right away I thought of this post.....hope this gives a little humor to your day. If not then "Excuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze Meeeeeeee!!!"-Steve Martin
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67 GT350 on February 22, 2024, 03:25:15 PM
We need to take a lesson from the OREO cookie. Do you like the Oreo or Catalina Crunch better?....I eat Catalina Crunch, because I have to. What would I rather eat? The Oreo. it is the original where the Catalina Crunch is the re-pop. The re-pop is not as good, but if you have to eat/use it, you take what works....
SO, the Oreo/original choke cable assembly is better than the Catalina Crunch, reproduction or copy, but if you only have the repro/Catalina Crunch, then you use it. Maybe someday you will be able to buy a original choke assembly, but I will never go back to the Oreo again.
This was purely a joke post, when today I got out a Catalina Crunch cookie and found this defect, and right away I thought of this post.....hope this gives a little humor to your day. If not then "Excuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze Meeeeeeee!!!"-Steve Martin
If you have a original choke cable with a damaged knob or cable you can carefully take some of the nuisance unique items from the original and incorporate them into the repro choke cable so as to make your damaged original virtually whole again.At least from a visual standpoint.  That way you can have cake and eat your Oreo too. :D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

Original cable threads is 14 TPI, top image, as identified in the MPC. The repop, as measured be Dave, is near 20 TPI, lower image .  The finer thread pitch is harder to see in this clearer image.

Cory

papa scoops

as usual, with repops, i went thru several and elected to cleanup my original.