News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Picture of 68 CJ accelerator bracket

Started by Coralsnake, February 21, 2024, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Bracket for return spring needed. I have a million pictures but for some reason this bracket eludes me.

I know what it looks like ...this small bracket is for the accelerator linkage return spring mounted on the carb
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

J_Speegle

Is this one?  Looks like the return spring has been replaced by a larger one. Looks kind of like the reverse shape of the GT350 one

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

68blk500c

Isn't it installed upside down in Jeff's photo??

J_Speegle

Like this GT350 mounting but different bracket?

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

The picture Mr Speegle posted is the one Im familiar with, but it is mounted upside down.

The little foot isnt doing its job

Coralsnake

Thank you everyone for your quick contributions

TLea

Quote from: J_Speegle on February 22, 2024, 01:32:22 AM
Like this GT350 mounting but different bracket?

Thats one version of the small block. There's another that has top cut at an angle and has single 90 degree bend like BB

Coralsnake

I had a NOS one in the Ford pkg once, but I dont think I ever took a picture of it 🤦‍♂️

Coralsnake

Joe sent this picture of an original bracket

I think this is 1968 1/2 only

I do recall the NOS one being phosphated

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Coralsnake on February 22, 2024, 08:48:54 AM
Joe sent this picture of his original

I think this is 1968 1/2 only

I do recall the NOS one being phosphated

I have one of these, thought it was something someone modified as it looked cut at the base.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

68stangcjfb

Here is a photo from the 428 Cobra Jet Registry site of a 1968 throttle bracket.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

Coralsnake

Thank you, that looks the same and installed correctly