News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Halibrand / Kidney bean wheels

Started by Speed Six, February 28, 2024, 07:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speed Six

Hi ! Would anybody know if it is possible to get Halibrand or Kidney Bean style wheels which can be put on the wire wheel hubs of an early 260 ?
I've seen one with aluminum wheels fitted, using the wire wheel spinner/nut.

Ralf

Speed Six

Since there are no replies I do assume that it isnĀ“t possible.

Now - what size/offset of Kidney Bean wheels would fit without putting on flares ? Would those wheels be available anywhere, plus hubs ? Tyres should be 205/70.

Thank you for any help.

Ralf

warped head

I was lucky enough to pick up a set of Torq Thrust wheels with spline drive wheel adapters. The front are 15x6 with -22mm offset, and the rear are 15x7 with -9.5mm offset.

I haven't see any kidney bean or FIA wheels that use spline drive inserts/adapters, but was looking at these FIA wheels that would likely fit a 289 pretty well. They'd probably still stick out beyond the flares of a 260, if that's what you're looking to put them on:

https://crosthwaiteandgardiner.com/wheel-front-6-5-halibrand-fia-style-2

Hope this is helpful.

warped head

If they're going on a 260, you could potentially get 15x5 or 15x6 wheels from Vintage Wheels with pin drive adapters:

https://vintagewheelsus.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15_36

Road Reptile

Hi Ralf,
I think you would benefit by contacting Mike McCluskey Ltd. He has a long history with Cobras and may be able to answer your wheel
questions. His shop contact info is:       23890 Madison St.
                                                                       Torrance Ca. 90505
                                               web site says phone (310) 375-1234   
Hope this helps out. How long have you had this car?  Where are you located? 
Regards R.R.

Speed Six

Thank you both for your replies. Will look into both.
The car is not with me - it is still in UK getting an overhaul for the owner. So C&G would be an option. Although I do know their pricing...(but they are really good!). I will be at Goodwood in April, they should be there, too.

Thanks,
Ralf

PS - I am in Germany/Bavaria.