News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What To Do With Old Club/Show T-Shirts

Started by propayne, February 29, 2024, 08:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

propayne

Lots of us are in the same boat at this stage in our lives. We spend the first 3 quarters of our lives gathering stuff, and then the last quarter trying to get rid of it!

The choices aren't easy - I love my stuff! If it gives you joy, then it has value. Plus, I need visual stimulation to do what I do for a living (graphics).

I've done a metric ton of club/show/race t-shirts lo these past 40 years or so...

So here is an idea of something you can do with the stacks of shirts you may have accumulated over the years, find a quilt maker and have a quilt (or two) made. We raffled off a couple as door prizes at our last Cougar Club event.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

propayne

Thanks Pete - Yes, the stitching is a nice touch that the quilter suggested.

I simplified a couple of the vintage Mercury Cougar logos and provided vector art that her machine could then trace.

- Phillip

tesgt350

That is awesome.  I have a bunch of the Tee Shirts as well, great idea.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

i got a bunch of car and concert shirts, would think that would be a great thing to do! Is that something that I can get locally done?
RARE  Signature Delete

tesgt350

Quote from: 67 GT350 on February 29, 2024, 10:43:47 AM
i got a bunch of car and concert shirts, would think that would be a great thing to do! Is that something that I can get locally done?

Just about every City has a Quilting Club. Just ask around.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

My brother in law collected Harley Shirts. Before he passed away from ALS he had his wife and sister make a quilt of shirt for each of his 8 kids
it was a great way to help make sure the shirts were not just tossed away.
Love the quilts you had made
I am at the age where I'm trying to "correct size" rather than acquire stuff
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Don Johnston

We have about six king size t-shirt quilts made up of mostly of SAAC events and other car show and charity events. My wife made a couple of them.  The others we had done very successfully by Campus Quilts.
https://www.campusquilt.com/
You can finally clean out the bins of shirts that have been piling around and enjoy the memories of those events. 8)

crossboss

Wear them! Show your colors at car shows, cruise nights, outings with the buddies.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Special Ed

Phil that boss 429 cougar shirt is a rare collectors item u know!!

propayne

^^^ as well it should be!

For several of these (including your B9 Cougar Ed) I used a test printing that my printer runs on scrap shirts for me to approve before we go to press.

As for wearing them - I have multiples of every shirt I create so plenty to wear. Plus more than a few I can't fit in anymore  :P

- Phillip

daltondavid

I have seen them sewn together in to banners that hang in the garage.
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM