News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

COBRA Accelerometer

Started by 6s1640, February 29, 2024, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

Up for auction is a COBRA Accelerometer.  Not mine.  Kind of high on asking price.  The seller posted a video showing the smooth action of the needle going from zero to 1.0 g.

Best of luck

Cory

Link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134952540662?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=26&ch=osgood&euid=b811c67ba6f6433a9d0b81fae1c79fb6&bu=43185254571&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20240229064902&segname=11051

Item Description:

PROBABLY THE RAREST SHELBY COBRA GAUGE IN EXISTENCE.

SOLD AS AN OVER THE COUNTER OPTIONAL ADD ON.  VERY RARE INDEED.
POINTER FLOATS FREELY AS IT SHOULD. SOME MINOR PITTING IN CHROME PLEASE REVIEW PHOTO'S AS THEY ARE PART OF THE DESCRIPTION. i TAKE GOOD CLEAR PHOTO'S  GAUGE WILL LOOK PERFECT IN ANY ORIGINAL COBRA.

THIS IS FOR THE MID 60'S SHELBY COBRA.

THIS HAS BEEN IN MY WALL UNIT FOR MANY YEARS. YOU MAY NEVER FIND ANOTHER ONE FOR A VERY LONG TIME.

SOLD AS IS

WIRE TRANSFER , CLEARED PERSONAL CHECKS, CASH UPON LOCAL PICK UP PREFERRED.
IF VIA PAYPAL PLEASE ADD ADDITIONAL PAYPAL FEE'S

Mikelj5S230

Did any GT350s have this as an option?
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: MikeljGT500HE on February 29, 2024, 06:48:40 PM
Did any GT350s have this as an option?
It is as the seller states "AS AN OVER THE COUNTER OPTIONAL ADD ON" and not a factory option.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Mikelj5S230

Thanks, did any dealers add this?
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

Coralsnake

There is no way to answer that. Hundreds of dealers, could have done anything they wanted...
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

+1 . That is why in concours some type of reasonable proof is needed that it was added before the first customer took delivery to be accepted in typical concours venues . OR you can always enjoy it as a cool day 2 like addition to your car.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

roddster

A wee bit pricy considering the pitted chrome on the face. As much as I'd like one, for that amount it better be perfect.

3/3/2024: Really, with those pits it ain't worth $300.00.  Another estate sale find dreamer.