News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SAAC-49 Hotel Info

Started by computerworks, March 04, 2024, 10:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

computerworks

Many have requested info about hotel(s) for SAAC-49.

Things are a little different this year. First, there is no single hotel in the area large enough for us.
Thus, we have contracted with several hotels for Convention rates.

Hotel contact information and the Shelby Convention hotel discount codes will be emailed to you upon your completed registration.
Be sure to use the discount code for significant savings on the cost of the hotel(s).

shelbymann1970

So no hotel info until you signed up for the convention???
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

computerworks

Correct... we want those who register to get first shot at the discounted rooms

red66

Last month, I booked a room as soon after the hotel information was released.  The discount code for the special SAAC room rates was not available as I was not able to register for the event since my July schedule is not known at this time.  I usually make my flight, auto rental and other reservations three to six weeks prior but five months is not workable for me.  I am sure that many others find themselves in the same boat, not knowing whether employment, health, family issues, etc. will affect their ability to attend this far ahead of the event.

The new policy requiring event registration to obtain the special hotel rates, therefore, is both unfair and unreasonable, especially when you  charge a cancellation penalty.  From what I have heard, the reason behind this new policy is that there were a large number of cancellations last year which resulted in increased costs to the club.  As unfortunate as that was, it is quite inappropriate and unfair to take it out on us long-term members and frequent SAAC attendees who have never cancelled instead of sanctioning the offenders.

Please reconsider this policy and either make the special rate hotel rooms available without conditions or eliminate the event cancellation penalty.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: red66 on March 22, 2024, 11:43:04 AMThe new policy requiring event registration to obtain the special hotel rates, therefore, is both unfair and unreasonable,
Please reconsider this policy and either make the special rate hotel rooms available without conditions or eliminate the event cancellation penalty.
Why is it unfair that you register in order to get the special rate? It's perfectly reasonable that only those who register are entitled to the special rate.
The cancellation fee is a separate issue not tied to the hotel - that is a fee to cover charges probably levied by the 3rd party they have handling the registrations.
You are now living in a post Covid world. The days of big discounts and comp rooms at hotels for conventions has passed. They have become almost predatory in their fees and rates. When a club books a hotel they have to guarantee so many room nights and sometimes food sales to get the rate. Miss the mark and the club will be writing a check.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Graygtstang

I want to enter the car show.  But I'll only be able to come down later Friday.  So I need a hotel friday night.  Is there away to register for the show,  so I get a hotel list and password?

Graygtstang

Does anyone know the hotels?  I can only come down Friday night.   

computerworks

Quote from: Graygtstang on April 07, 2024, 09:14:25 AM
Does anyone know the hotels?  I can only come down Friday night.

Repeat your request by email to: pitcrew@saac.com

I'll take care of it for you.