News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Registering and titling a '65 GT350

Started by Mikelj5S230, March 07, 2024, 09:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Brant on March 09, 2024, 04:58:20 PM
what is the personal property tax rate on autos in Mo? I read online where Va is 4.15 per 100 so that would be 4150 per 100K per year just to own the car in Va? that is nuts. Here in Mi I have paid ZERO for years and have a lifetime same year plate on my Shelby. Ditto for my Mach1.

In VA, that is a one time sales tax amount on the purchase price of the vehicle. Older cars like that then don't get included in the annual personal property tax.
[/quote]Brant, How does the personal property tax work in Va? On an annual basis what do you get taxed on in regards to Personal Property Tax? Thanks.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Brant

Brant, How does the personal property tax work in Va? On an annual basis what do you get taxed on in regards to Personal Property Tax? Thanks.
[/quote]

It varies by locality...county, town, or city. Then there are so-called "tax relief" bills, etc. It may depend on the item being taxed as well. Obviously, places like Northern VA have higher rates than rural areas.
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

68blk500c

Bob Gaines

It looks very respectable. Congrats.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Mikelj5S230

Thanks guys, it should be fun to drive around and show off.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

Karguy

Hello Mike, I live in Albuquerque and am a 40 year New Mexico car dealer. I am also a proud 66 GT 350 owner. If I can be of any help with getting your car properly registered please let me know. I would be happy to make a really good recommendation on an out-of-state vin inspector and the best title company in NM.  Message me if I can help. Thanks, Karl
I hope I get to see your car out and about some day soon.
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

Bill

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on March 10, 2024, 01:44:29 PM
Quote from: Brant on March 09, 2024, 04:58:20 PM
what is the personal property tax rate on autos in Mo? I read online where Va is 4.15 per 100 so that would be 4150 per 100K per year just to own the car in Va? that is nuts. Here in Mi I have paid ZERO for years and have a lifetime same year plate on my Shelby. Ditto for my Mach1.

In VA, that is a one time sales tax amount on the purchase price of the vehicle. Older cars like that then don't get included in the annual personal property tax.
Brant, How does the personal property tax work in Va? On an annual basis what do you get taxed on in regards to Personal Property Tax? Thanks.

SC was easy for my 70 GT350 convertible, sales tax is 5%, with a maximum of $500 (SC makes up for this in personal property taxes on vehicles, usually the first 7-8 years worth), personal property tax on the Shelby, $36.00/annually, based on year of vehicle, not actual value. For the flip side, my 2022 Expedition PPT was $378 last year, but again, I only paid $500 for my initial purchase sales tax, this year I expect it to be $328, with a negligible reduction for the next 5-6 years before it bottoms out around $48/annually. 

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

65GT350dragster

My Dad's 30 year Mass title said Make:Ford Model: Mustang Trim: Shelby with VIN: SFM5S062
When having the title reissued, I asked to switch the Make to "Shelby" and Model to "GT350".  This 20 something lady across the counter said "Oh my god!  I love those cars!!  Of course, who could have made such a mistake?!?!"

Go figure

mark p

Quote from: 68blk500c on March 10, 2024, 02:57:57 PMCongratulations, Mike.
(and Vern)

+1 Sounds like a "win-win"  8)  8) for some of the SAAC team.
Mike - good luck with the paperwork and have fun with the car - WOW  8)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

mark p

P.S./FWIW
Now I am reminded that NJ is a super place to have old cars...
One-time registration fee for the Tags ($94 for personalized), renew every 3-years for $zero.
The initial sales tax is a little high, but after a few years that seems to fade from memory.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Mikelj5S230

Quote from: mark p on April 16, 2024, 12:24:21 PM
Quote from: 68blk500c on March 10, 2024, 02:57:57 PMCongratulations, Mike.
(and Vern)

+1 Sounds like a "win-win"  8)  8) for some of the SAAC team.
Mike - good luck with the paperwork and have fun with the car - WOW  8)

Thank you!
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.