News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Interesting Video with vintage footage (photos and video).

Started by 68stangcjfb, March 07, 2024, 12:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68stangcjfb

68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

deathsled

That was a good dissertation.  The 289 is my favorite V8 engine.  Wiped out the Corvettes back in the day.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

My neighbor up the street held an NHRA record in a Falcon with a 260. He was a Chevy guy but a friend of his wanted him to build his Falcon.

I can't find the Falcon picture. Next time I see his son I'll try to get more details. Paul passed away about 5 years ago. I miss the stories particularly the ones between he and Don Blair - they had a lot of info on the behind the scenes deals that the factories were doing.
Paul Althouse ran Paul's Automotive in Monrovia and gained fame for tuning the fastest Chevys in Southern California. His shop was home to such entries as the Christie and Fisher Camaro, Geno Redd's Chevelle, Bob Davis's Impala and even served as West Coast headquarters for Bill Jenkins and Dave Strickler. Past Top Alcohol Champion Jay Payne, Super Stock and Comp racer Rick Houser and Pro Stock tuner Dave Butner all used Paul's shop as a launching pad. It became the go-to shop for anyone who wanted a really fast doorslammer.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless