News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

8T02R21031703701 on BAT

Started by 5s386, March 07, 2024, 06:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln tech

Grumpy

Out of the norm.. a little different  :o

Royce Peterson

Because soccer moms love silver.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Bob Gaines

What with the modern created poser Elanor cars that have recently in some cases bringing more money then a original Shelby in the same condition maybe seller thought the same thing can happen with a genuine Shelby with restomod features. It will be interesting to see how it does.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Lincoln tech

Hard to see shock tower reinforcements ?

shelbymann1970

This car was done 20 years ago.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Lincoln tech on March 08, 2024, 08:18:51 AM
Hard to see shock tower reinforcements ?
pic 116 blown up appears to have one on the pass side shock tower.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Lincoln tech

Someone decided to destroy a KR , I hope that 100,000 watt stereo system works  :(

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Lincoln tech on March 08, 2024, 03:00:35 PM
Someone decided to destroy a KR , I hope that 100,000 watt stereo system works  :(
The car can be returned to original specs relatively easy. Here is one that cannot be. The owner back around 3+ decades ago finished this car the way it looks in the pic. He took it to a SAAC convention and got hammered for destroying a KR(Said he would never attend another meet ever). Well the car was a totaled KR that Lee Detrick bought and  built into a drag car(well known Detroit drag racer along with his brother Clyde). I remember Lee building this car in his garage 4 decades ago as he lived a few blocks from me. Drag raced it and sold it as a roller. Next guy bought it. Had my Cousin paint it black with silver stripes and had a 460 in it. Won the Frankenmuth car show(car was on next year's trophy). Then the blown Boss 9 engine was installed in it. The blown engine came out of my friend's Sanger boat. Hard to bring this one back to stock.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Coralsnake

There are two issues here, one why would anyone "hammer" an owner so much that it reflects poorly on an entire group or club?

Secondly, if you are that thin skinned that the comments of a couple people bother you, you should probably stay home
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 09, 2024, 08:41:07 AM
There are two issues here, one why would anyone "hammer" an owner so much that it reflects poorly on an entire group or club?

Secondly, if you are that thin skinned that the comments of a couple people bother you, you should probably stay home
I assume the owner did from that point on when it came to SAAC conventions. This was conveyed to me by my cousin who painted the  car back then. I have not seen this car publicly since the 100 years Ford show in 2003 and he wasn't around. I didn't know the guy but knew who he was since he bought the car off a guy I knew, had my cousin paint it then bought the supercharged B9 engine off of a good friend. The car is portrayed as a GT500 in the pic I posted but when Lee owned it and later sold it in the auto trader(5500) it was listed as a real KR. I wonder if it is in the 68 registry.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Coralsnake

Pretty sure I have seen it before. I will see if I can find it
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbydoug

I would not do that to a regular production Mustang let alone one identifiable as a Shelby.

In my view reactions actually cut both ways though. There are those that are openly indignant of how the car currently appears and don't have issues with expressing that and the owners are indignant that the car does not fit into the "Shelby's society's" definition of how the car should be.

Often I notice quite a visible attitude of arrogance on both sides. I personally attempt to avoid both groups and try to appreciate both even though at times it can be quite an abstract endeavor.

I suppose I should point out that I have in fact been told to "go back to my arrogant SAAC buddies" as well as politically be told by both the extreme left and right that, "we don't need you here. Stop telling people that you know "me"." So I kind of get it all, generally, if not specifically speaking.

It is very helpful if you have a thick enough skin to be able to tolerate it all and being a native New Yorker I understand that nobody here agrees on anything anyway, no one likes each other and that everyone complains about everything all the time.

All things considered though it would be nice that once in a while one of our major league sports teams could win something and at least get into the finals? See. Complaints, complaints!  :)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbymann1970

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 09, 2024, 09:49:07 AM
I would not do that to a regular production Mustang let alone one identifiable as a Shelby.

In my view reactions actually cut both ways though. There are those that are openly indignant of how the car currently appears and don't have issues with expressing that and the owners are indignant that the car does not fit into the "Shelby's society's" definition of how the car should be.

Often I notice quite a visible attitude of arrogance on both sides. I personally attempt to avoid both groups and try to appreciate both even though at times it can be quite an abstract endeavor.

I suppose I should point out that I have in fact been told to "go back to my arrogant SAAC buddies" as well as politically be told by both the extreme left and right that, "we don't need you here. Stop telling people that you know "me"." So I kind of get it all, generally, if not specifically speaking.

It is very helpful if you have a thick enough skin to be able to tolerate it all and being a native New Yorker I understand that nobody here agrees on anything anyway, no one likes each other and that everyone complains about everything all the time.

All things considered though it would be nice that once in a while one of our major league sports teams could win something and at least get into the finals? See. Complaints, complaints!  :)
Good post Doug.  On the one note I highlighted in red I'd say it depends on when it was done and what it was done to. The KR I pointed out was bought as a wrecked totaled car. Guy who bought it drag raced  a 68 FB(his wife) and a 67 FB(his). Cars were pretty stock body wise with no real modifications that were not easily undone. The Shelby provided the "next class" car he was looking to build. Late 70s early 80s it was done. I fully understand why he did it because the car would have went to the junkyard and later crusher otherwise but is still alive in an iteration of it's former self.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990