News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Cobra air cleaner lid

Started by Mike_Senar, March 11, 2024, 08:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_Senar

Hello,
  Anyone here have a "spare" Cobra oval air cleaner lid?  The one with the dimples for the wing nuts...
                                                                   Mike

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Mike_Senar on March 11, 2024, 08:24:56 PM
Hello,
  Anyone here have a "spare" Cobra oval air cleaner lid?  The one with the dimples for the wing nuts...
                                                                   Mike
Were you looking for -67 or early 68 with 2 holes or 68 with the 2 holes plus the center hole?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TA Coupe

If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Mike_Senar

Hello,
  Got busy and forgot to check back here...   Looking for the earlier one (I think).  Straight R and dimples.
                                                                            Mike

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Mike_Senar on March 13, 2024, 02:51:02 PM
Hello,
  Got busy and forgot to check back here...   Looking for the earlier one (I think).  Straight R and dimples.
                                                                            Mike
Don't hold your breath on a straight leg R with the injection mold marks. The straight leg R lids were SAND CAST with no injection mold marks .Only the die cast lids had the marks and that R was a curved leg. Knowing what your application is would go a long way to get you what you need givin you are unclear.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Mike_Senar

Hello,
  Just trying to complete an air cleaner assy.   Have an original base (and it is NOT for sale!) and I need a top.   Thats all.
                                                                                           Mike

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Mike_Senar on March 13, 2024, 06:39:24 PM
Hello,
  Just trying to complete an air cleaner assy.   Have an original base (and it is NOT for sale!) and I need a top.   Thats all.
                                                                                           Mike
Mike , I am trying to help but it is hard to if you do not give the proper information. Now with a little more info that you added the question is what base do you have ? There are several different air cleaner bases . Consequently the lid needed is dependent on the base.At least for 67 . One thing for sure is that we can rule out the straight leg R (in COBRA) with the injection mold dimples tht you requested given there was not one used (or made) for 67 production.

SFM5S000

Hello Mike and Bob G,

I went digging around my shop and came across this Cobra Lid and base. Bob mentioned sand cast. I looked at what I have. (I thought it was/is a reproduction. Still might be). Does this look sand cast?
If you want it $75.00 plus shipping. If you tell me it's the real deal then the price jumps to $750.00 lol. Just kidding
$75.00 it's yours.

Cheers,
~Earl J

Bob Gaines

Hello,
                                                                                           Mike
Mike sent a picture of his diecast base which means he needs a diecast lid with the injection mold dimples on the bottom side,curved R leg and only two holes for wing nut.

Mike_Senar

Hello,
  What he said (Bob).   Now that i have been made aware of exactly what I have and need...
                                                                                      Mike

TA Coupe

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 14, 2024, 11:18:03 PM
Hello,
                                                                                           Mike
Mike sent a picture of his diecast base which means he needs a diecast lid with the injection mold dimples on the bottom side,curved R leg and only two holes for wing nut.

Bob is the bottom correct  for his car seeing as there are different ones depending on date of manufacturer?

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TA Coupe on March 15, 2024, 04:13:10 AM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 14, 2024, 11:18:03 PM
Hello,
                                                                                           Mike

Bob is the bottom correct  for his car seeing as there are different ones depending on date of manufacturer?

Roy
Mike did not confirm it was for his car but revealed that he had a original base that he needed a top for.