News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Power Steering Pump Color?

Started by FordGT, March 11, 2024, 10:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rcgt350 on March 15, 2024, 02:15:48 PM
When I'm back home next week I can send you a PPG paint code I used and had it mixed for a spray can, after trying all the part suppliers paint which weren't even close, this was a welcome treat.
Better paint too in the end.
It reads like you found a shade that you like that isn't too light or too dark and not too blue and not too green etc. Maybe a possible base line . If you have read the thread the paint in question is a batch paint which by its nature has variations. With all that said you have be careful of making a ruling of wrong for something that maybe within the acceptable variation perimeters. I know I am whenever concours judging one of the Ford Thompson pumps for color.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

rcgt350

Fortunately i found a few pictures of the my pump , not saying it's the perfect shade light or dark, but I feel it lands somewhere in the circle
I'm open to critique

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rcgt350 on March 19, 2024, 01:00:01 AM
Fortunately i found a few pictures of the my pump , not saying it's the perfect shade light or dark, but I feel it lands somewhere in the circle
I'm open to critique
I agree that shade falls well within the normal or as you said the circle that enthusiasts are used to seeing. There is no perfect one color/shade unless you are referring to something that you are satisfied with .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

rcgt350

I'm back and after going through two files of notes, I found the number.
It was Deltron DAU 4086 DK Sapphire Blue
Poly OEM 29 GM/General
It's actually a two stage paint, but they mixed it as a single stage in an aerosol can
I'm not saying this is the end all colour match, but you can see my pictures for reference.
I see there is also an aerosol from Accumatch L-17520 Power Steering Pump Blue, but I don't know of any results with it, maybe someone here has tried it?

Hope this helps!