News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Detail questions.

Started by KR500, March 14, 2024, 05:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KR500

I am doing a 66 GT 350 and have a few detailing questions. It is a mid April Ford build.
Q.#1 What finish would the heater hose elbow at the intake manifold be? Gold cad. silver cad or engine blue?
Q.#2 What color should the dist. lead terminal at the coil be? Some say black, others say yellow.
Q.#3 The car has a cast iron T-10 and the the oil drain plug is a square drive with "MAGNETIC " on it.   Is this correct or a day 2 item?

Thank You
Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

J_Speegle

Quote from: KR500 on March 14, 2024, 05:18:05 PM
I am doing a 66 GT 350 and have a few detailing questions. It is a mid April Ford build.
Q.#1 What finish would the heater hose elbow at the intake manifold be? Gold cad. silver cad or engine blue?

By the time your engine was assembled it appears that the elbows were not being swapped from the iron intake any longer. For judging currently allow both -painted or plated

Quote from: KR500 on March 14, 2024, 05:18:05 PMQ.#3 The car has a cast iron T-10 and the the oil drain plug is a square drive with "MAGNETIC " on it.   Is this correct or a day 2 item?

Here is what I found on the majority  Approx 500's - 1450's

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: KR500 on March 14, 2024, 05:18:05 PM
Q.#2 What color should the dist. lead terminal at the coil be? Some say black, others say yellow.
Q.#3 The car has a cast iron T-10 and the the oil drain plug is a square drive with "MAGNETIC " on it.   Is this correct or a day 2 item?

Thank You
Rodney
Rodney the primary lead has a black terminal end originally . The yellow is the common service replacement.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

KR500

Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267