News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

HERTZ Sports Car Club Jacket Yellow - Medium

Started by 6s1640, March 14, 2024, 10:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

propayne

Well, Hertz had quite a lot of these branded advertising/promotional items created, with more than a few dedicated to their "Sports Car Club" program.

I know that these items were given away for marketing purposes as gifts to clients and business partners.

What I don't know is if they were also offered for sale to John Q. Public. I've never seen any sort of a catalog or price sheet. Anyone remember walking into a Hertz office back-in-the-day when the Sports Club program was active and seeing stuff for sale?

At one point I had at least four of these jackets. I sold two and kept the nicest one plus a Cougar Hertz jacket (not convinced that one is legit).

The one I have is complete and in nicer shape than this jacket plus it fits me so it is probably an XL.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Vernon Estes

I personally dont see anything about the offered jacket which leads me to believe that its anything but authentic...the price is pretty looney but the jacket itself looks legit to me.

I once found a perfect one of these in my grandpa's attic...he wasn't much of a "car guy" but i guess he must have rented something in the hertz sports car club at some point. He had passed before I had found the jacket.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

propayne

Just to clarify my statements - I don't know that the Cougar branded (white jacket, red stripes) Hertz jacket I have in my collection is legitimate.

This yellow and black Hertz Sports Car Club jacket for sale on eBay looks like the one that I have, which I know is for reals.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

pchmotoho

Not implying this is the jacket by any means but wasn't one of these stolen out of someones car not to long ago while its was on display. 

Vernon Estes

Quote from: pchmotoho on March 15, 2024, 11:27:03 PM
Not implying this is the jacket by any means but wasn't one of these stolen out of someones car not to long ago while its was on display.

Wasnt it a garment bag that got stolen? Or did the garment bag have a jacket inside it?
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Mikelj5S230

Man, guys in the old days were pretty small, where are the XLs and XXLs..... ;D
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

Don Johnston

Quote from: MikeljGT500HE on March 18, 2024, 04:44:27 PM
Man, guys in the old days were pretty small, where are the XLs and XXLs..... ;D
There were no SAAC convention banquets or buffets for them to attend back then. ;D