News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Happy Birthday Chuck Cantwell!

Started by Cobrask8, March 18, 2024, 07:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobrask8

Many of us were invited to a special birthday Party for Chuck Cantwell. He just turned 29 again!

His family coordinated with 3-Dog Garage in Boyertown PA and put on an amazing birthday party Saturday afternoon. The guest list was a proverbial Who's Who in the Shelby world including SAAC Board of directors, Rick Kopec, many important SAAC folks (myself included!), as well as special VIP's Aaron Shelby, Gary Patterson, and more. Also present were Penske Race team members from Chuck's tenure there, plus family friends.

As usual, Chuck was extremely humble, not wanting to be in the spotlight.

HUGE Kudos to the Cantwell Falily for putting this together. It was truly a special afternoon!

Link to Bill Caron's Social Media post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/264936540196609/permalink/7807708572585997/

Many others have also posted, do a Facebook search for additional pictures.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Seeing all the people that Chuck's life has touched was awesome. Getting the invite was one of the highlights of my life.
The Who's Who of attendees was amazing.
It was a magical four hours.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Bill

Quote from: Cobrask8 on March 18, 2024, 07:41:46 AM
Many of us were invited to a special birthday Party for Chuck Cantwell. He just turned 29 again!

His family coordinated with 3-Dog Garage in Boyertown PA and put on an amazing birthday party Saturday afternoon. The guest list was a proverbial Who's Who in the Shelby world including SAAC Board of directors, Rick Kopec, many important SAAC folks (myself included!), as well as special VIP's Aaron Shelby, Gary Patterson, and more. Also present were Penske Race team members from Chuck's tenure there, plus family friends.

As usual, Chuck was extremely humble, not wanting to be in the spotlight.

HUGE Kudos to the Cantwell Falily for putting this together. It was truly a special afternoon!

Link to Bill Caron's Social Media post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/264936540196609/permalink/7807708572585997/

Many others have also posted, do a Facebook search for additional pictures.

Chuck and Joanne were overwhelmed with love, family, friends, fantastic atmosphere, was great seeing everyone, some who I have not seen in person in 8-10 years. Swapping stories and bringing each other up to speed, it seemed like only yesterday.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

JD

Best wishes to Mr. Cantwell!! (thanks for posing)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

ChicagoChris

Had the pleasure of meeting Chuck a few years ago at Laguna Seca during the historical races. 
He signed my poster and invited me to sit down and talk. As a former Ford Field Mgr in the LA district during the 1980's, we knew poeple in common.  He was also inquisitive about the 'modern' 2006-2010 Vegas modified Shelbys.  Throuoghly enjoyed our 20 minute conversation-happy birthday to an outstanding guy. 

Wedgeman

Chad

gt350shelb

It was a great day !  much too short  to catch up with even half  the people there .

Still trying to figure out who let Steve Mc Donald in?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Kent

Happy Birthday Chuck, all the best from germany.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: gt350shelb on March 18, 2024, 09:16:58 PM
It was a great day !  much too short  to catch up with even half  the people there .

Still trying to figure out who let Steve Mc Donald in?

I think it may be the same guy who let you in    ;D

Some many people, it was a great time. I hope Check and his family enjoyed it
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

mark p

(sorry that I missed this thread last month)

I saw and chatted with Chuck a little at the Simeone Museum on 3/9 (when Tom Cotter was there)... some of the guys were talking about the Birthday Gathering.
Sounded like a great idea - a celebration for Chuck at 3-Dog - a match made in heaven - and it must've turned out fantastic (per the posts here).
Chuck is such a good guy... it is VERY COOL that this all worked out and everyone enjoyed the day 8)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird