News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

6S1884 - Bring A Trailer

Started by silverton_ford, March 18, 2024, 03:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-ford-mustang-624/

Description:
This 1966 Ford Shelby Mustang GT350H was purchased by the owner in 1992. It is finished in black and gold over black vinyl and powered by a 289ci V8. Equipment includes a C4 three-speed automatic transmission, a four-barrel carburetor, power-assisted steering and front disc brakes, Magnum wheels, a dual exhaust system, hood and bodyside scoops, a dash-mounted tachometer, and latch-and-link front harnesses. This GT350H is now offered on dealer consignment with an SAAC serial number verification document and a Connecticut registration.

Approximately 1,000 GT350Hs were produced as part of a partnership between Ford and the Hertz car rental company. This example has been repainted in black with gold stripes and features a hood scoop, driving lamps, plexiglass rear quarter windows, fiberglass brake-cooling scoops on the quarter panels, and a chrome bullet-style side mirror.

Chrome-plated 14″ Magnum wheels wear 215/70 Bridgestone Potenza HP41 tires, while a full-size spare is mounted in the trunk. Shelby chassis modifications included revised front suspension geometry, quick-steer idler and pitman arms, Kelsey-Hayes front disc brakes, and a larger front sway bar, rear brake drums, and traction bars.

The cabin features front bucket seats and a folding rear bench trimmed in black vinyl along with color-coordinated door panels and carpets. Features include a heater, front latch-and-link harnesses, and rear lap belts.

The optional three-spoke steering wheel wears a Cobra GT350 badge and frames a 140-mph speedometer flanked by gauges for fuel level, oil pressure, coolant temperature, and amps. A Shelby-branded 8k-rpm tachometer is mounted on top of the dashboard, and Steward Warner auxiliary gauges are mounted below it. The five-digit odometer shows 58k miles.

The 289ci HiPo V8 is fed via a Holley four-barrel carburetor mounted on a Cobra-branded high-rise aluminum intake manifold and was factory rated at 306 horsepower and 329 lb-ft of torque in Shelby trim.

Power is sent to the rear wheels through a C4 three-speed automatic transmission.

The car's Shelby American serial number is SFM6S1884.

Shelby American Automobile Club correspondence indicates that serial number SFM6S1884 aligns with a Shelby GT350 serial number recorded in their files.

The car is being sold on its Connecticut registration because Connecticut does not issue titles for cars older than 20 years.

Mikelj5S230

Looks like a nice car, but I have never tried to title and register a car that only comes with a registration, is that common?
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

98SVT - was 06GT

The car is being sold on its Connecticut registration because Connecticut does not issue titles for cars older than 20 years.

Seems to be common in rust belt states. Most states will require the last registration and a bill of sale from that RO to register. Some may also brand the title or require you to post a bond in case someone shows up and says it's theirs.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

CharlesTurner

Quote from: MikeljGT500HE on March 18, 2024, 04:43:01 PM
Looks like a nice car, but I have never tried to title and register a car that only comes with a registration, is that common?

I bought a '66 out of Alabama last year on a bill of sale, they don't have titles for old cars either.  Had to go through extra levels of review here in NC, but got a title for it, no problems other than they entered a '0' as a 'O' at NC DMV, so caused a mis-match on inspector report matching up to the title application.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

SCJSTU

Quote from: CharlesTurner on March 18, 2024, 06:51:17 PM

I bought a '66 out of Alabama last year on a bill of sale, they don't have titles for old cars either.  Had to go through extra levels of review here in NC, but got a title for it, no problems other than they entered a '0' as a 'O' at NC DMV, so caused a mis-match on inspector report matching up to the title application.

Charles are you listed as a dealer in NC? Is that how you got a title on a bill of sale car?
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

Mikelj5S230

I remember having to title and register my CSX7972, 50th Anniversary FIA Cobra. What a mess that was with just an MSO.  I had to drag it to the State Police for a VIN inspection, they looked everywhere, including the new engine to make sure the CSX number was present, back to the MVD, more inspections, etc. Finally got it titled as a 1964 Shelby Cobra.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

SFM5S159

I just bought a car out of CT, I needed a copy of the registration and also a bill of sale.  It wasn't even the most recent registration..
I titled in Montana and it all worked out fine.  No sales tax, saved a bunch of $$.

Mike C
'65 GT350, '67 GT500, '65 289 Cobra

JD

I bought a car out of Georgia in 2018, the car was a 1974 model year and he got it back 2008 Georgia didn't issue titles (!) (I think now they do).  I checked with a local Ohio title bureau branch before actually moving the car to see what they were going to want when I brought the car to be out-of-state inspection and titled.

They (Ohio) wanted a bill of sale (paper between the seller and me stating the car VIN and names & addresses for both of us and sale price, a copy of the sellers' current registration and insurance.  The seller was fine with all of that.

Once at the Ohio Title bureau the lady doing the inspection only looked at the VIN inside the drivers-side windshield and checked it against the papers, I opened the hood to show the matching numbers stamped in the firewall but she didn't care to look.  Once inside she questioned the "no title" state issue and pulled one of about 50 hard bound books that were each about 3 inches thick and looked for the title issuance for Georgia and wasn't totally convinced so she called Georgia State BMV and there was a hour wait time and she left her number for a call-back.  She said she thought it was OK but wanted to verbally confirm.  She said it could wait or leave my phone number and she'd call me once she had heard back, which I did.

About an hour and a half later she called and said all OK.  I had to go back and then get the Ohio title and pay for it and the tax on the sale.  Then go to get the license plates and registration which is done at a different location.

All in all it went OK, but suggest checking with your states' title bureau in advance.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

CharlesTurner

Quote from: SCJSTU on March 18, 2024, 08:55:36 PM
Charles are you listed as a dealer in NC? Is that how you got a title on a bill of sale car?

I'm not a dealer.  Went through normal private owner process.  Called NC DMV before buying the car to make sure I understood the process.  Other than the bill of sale, they wanted a copy of the Alabama registration, which the seller didn't have, but he got done before I picked it up.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Scott Fuller

Now you need exhaust. ;)

Congratulations Charles!!

Scott