News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Car Show

Started by Rcbach302, March 18, 2024, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rcbach302

I have never been to an SAAC event. Just curious, how large is the car show? Will there also be a swap meet?
1968 GT350 Convertible #3127

tesgt350

Quote from: Rcbach302 on March 18, 2024, 03:53:29 PM
I have never been to an SAAC event. Just curious, how large is the car show? Will there also be a swap meet?

Well, they are held at a major Race Track if that tells you anything about the size of them.  I attended the SAAC 26 and the SAAC 28 and had a Blast at both. 

Macstang

Hopefully some of the real veteran SAAC folks will reply here but having been to about 6 conventions myself, I will say the car show is a very big highlight. It takes place on Saturday and there are hundreds of cars in the show. Last year, at SAAC 48 it was pretty much a 50/50 split between late model cars and the OG cars.

As for the swap meet, while I think it's gotten smaller over the years, there is still some very vibrant and interesting things going on there. Good mix of commercial vendors and members with parts on a fold-up table.

I'd recommend you have a read here, which will give you a good flavor and some photos of the last convention:

https://www.saac.com/events/saac-48
-------------------------
David Maffucci
SAAC Board Member

2008 GT-C

As stated by Macstang check out photos from previous shows. Someone stated in a thread for SAAC 48 that there was 120+ cars registered for the popular car show. There is a good mix of old and newer models on display. You should see cars that you've only read about if you haven't attended events like this before. This will be my third SAAC event having attended 44 and 48 I had a great time. The swap meet isn't going to be Carlisle level but there are items to be had. Great bunch of people. - Kevin 
2008 Shelby GT/SC #102

Cobrask8

Here's the basic details on Saturday's Popular Ballot Car Show:

We will be running the car show in the same manner we did last year at Pitt Race. It proved to be very successful, lots of trophies out to deserving cars, plus VIP awards. We had almost 150 cars last year. All sorts! 289, 427 Cobras, All years GT, Shelby Mustangs, Fords, race cars, replicas, a true cross section of all things Ford. Definitely worth consideration if you are coming one day. Saturday is the day.

Awards for "Best" in roughly 30-35 classes, plus a "Top 20" popular ballot by the entrants.

Show will be located in the pits, in the corner near turn 2 of the race track.

I know all this, as I am helping run the show!

Dan

Rcbach302

Thank you Dan! I am travelling from San Diego to visit some friends on the Jersey shore so I will definately stop by.
1968 GT350 Convertible #3127

Graygtstang

Can you register for the car show day of?

computerworks

Quote from: Graygtstang on April 03, 2024, 11:51:31 PM
Absolutely ... purchase day pass and register at the gate

Graygtstang

Quote from: computerworks on April 04, 2024, 12:21:08 PM
Quote from: Graygtstang on April 03, 2024, 11:51:31 PM

I need hotel information.  I'll be coming down Friday night
Absolutely ... purchase day pass and register at the gate