News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Gent looking for his dads GT500

Started by pmustang, March 26, 2024, 02:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Its still the best guess, but pictures of car 1995 would be very helpful

😉

But, I think you also have to take into account, Dingwall only had one car that matches the description to the best of our knowledge
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bill

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 28, 2024, 06:54:35 AM
Its still the best guess, but pictures of car 1995 would be very helpful

😉

But, I think you also have to take into account, Dingwall only had one car that matches the description to the best of our knowledge

Just a thought, but, perhaps, the car was sold "used" at Dingwall, or transferred in from another dealer and sold new there.

Stranger things have happened.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Coralsnake

Possible, but that would need some supporting documentation.

The number of cars that check all those boxes is very limited and then if one does it has to be in Windsor, Ontario and be a copy of the one they sold earlier.

I also thought about the possibility that an early car was repaired with a newer style quarter panel. But, those are long shots in my opinion 

shelbydoug

If I remember the newspaper ads from back then, I seem to remember that new tops with plastic rear windows were something like $39.95 installed and with glass another $20 or so?

Although white tops are better to keep your head from cooking under a very hot black top in the sun, I don't remember them as being popular because of the difficulty in keeping them clean.

At that kind of price, I can envision dealerships like Gotham with Bill Kolb willing to do anything to sell the car, changing the top from white to black to make the sale.

I personally would not automatically dismiss a car because it is reported with a black top by the last owner or vise versa.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Someone on the Facebook, should tell her to look at reply 21 of this thread.

I dont think anyone will come up with a closer match

KR Convertible

I have built trust with Lisa Reia.  Something I wasn't sure I would be able to do.  I know I'm quite suspicious about randos from the web.

We are working on the timeline now.  We think the car could have been bought used.  The license plate was issued in 1970 and according to her mother, the father sold the car in the summer of 69 (cue Bryan Adams guitar riff), so there's some discrepancy there.  She has a cousin that was a couple years younger than her father that hung around with him.  They are trying to find more info.

I did send her a link to this post and coralsnake.com

Stay tuned.

Coralsnake

Great, cant wait to see what she comes up with!

thecoralsnake.com

KR Convertible

Were there owner reports that 1995 was converted to a 4 speed?  It does say it had a CJ later in life.

Coralsnake

Car #1995 at Pocono SAAC (post restoration)

Owner currently listed in Registry does not own car anymore

KR Convertible

Coralsnake

The year was 1989 I think

KR Convertible

KR Convertible

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 28, 2024, 05:36:41 PM
Car #1995 at Pocono SAAC (post restoration)

Owner currently listed in Registry does not own car anymore

Do you know what is handwritten on the picture?  Looks like "belt rear"

Coralsnake

Sorry I only have four pictures and this was the best one

KR Convertible

She just got confirmation it was an automatic being manually shifted through a friend of the father. Getting close to 100%. She still wants more and is going to try the local DMV.  You go girl!