News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

94 Bondurant Mustang GT school car

Started by gt350bp, March 28, 2024, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350bp

Looking for someone who has knowledge on the Mustang GT's used in 1994 for the Bondurant Race School. Found a possible GT that has been sitting and it will need a complete restoration. Any help or knowledge on these cars is appreciated. I have the basic knowledge of the articles and prior auction sales but would like someone who would know the details and may have an original or restored car that would be willing to share their knowledge.

Thank you.

Don
gt350bp

tesgt350

If not mistaken, I believe they were all Orange.

Not sure if they were all built by Roush like this one though........
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1994-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-ROUSH-RACE-CAR-62186

A-Snake

I attended Bondurant's 4 day school in 1994. Who knows, I may have driven that car. ;) These cars took a beating! Sometimes multiple students would share one car for a session on one of the accident avoidance exercises because it was so hard on the cars. It consisted of deliberately spinning the car while locking up the brakes.  A number of students did some off roading.

98SVT - was 06GT

They were not street legal (emissions) but many have been registered since. Forrest Straight in NorCal bought/sold several of them he'd be a good source of info.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

gt350bp

Thanks for the info regarding Forrest. That is helpful.

Don
gt350bp

Bob Gaines

Quote from: A-Snake on March 28, 2024, 11:16:36 AM
I attended Bondurant's 4 day school in 1994. Who knows, I may have driven that car. ;) These cars took a beating! Sometimes multiple students would share one car for a session on one of the accident avoidance exercises because it was so hard on the cars. It consisted of deliberately spinning the car while locking up the brakes.  A number of students did some off roading.
Of course not you. ::)  ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

A-Snake

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 28, 2024, 05:42:03 PM
Quote from: A-Snake on March 28, 2024, 11:16:36 AM
Of course not you. ::)  ;D

Nope  8) 

shlb69

I have number 15 and coulld try to answer your questions. Also looking to sell if anyone is looking

gt350bp

Thank you for the offer!

I might be interested in your car in lieu of the project car that I found. Can you advise on condition and asking price? My email address is: gt350bp@bellsouth.net

Don
gt350bp

crossboss

Years ago when we did an interview with Bondo, I asked him about his '87/'88 T-Bird Turbo Coupes with the 5.0 HO cars he used. "Can I buy one?" was my question. He replied, "Nope, they were all returned to Ford and crushed". That being said, I wouldn't be surprise at least one or two survived(?). And, yes they were built by Roush.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

TA Coupe

If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

430dragpack

He came to our little local Ford club car show, here in Iowa, back in about 1991-92 and gave us driving lessons using new cars from the local Ford dealership.  We moved all the cars off the dealership lot and setup a road course to go around.  He really liked the 4.6L Crown Victorias and boy could he drive one!  We also tore up a new LX 5.0L Mustang.  He gave me this autographed picture that day because I was his helper.

6s2055

Forrest Straight would be best for info. Know he had a number of them and opened track them!

TA Coupe

I already gave him Forrest's contact information.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

gt350bp

Just wanted to thank everyone on the information shared. I am scheduled to look at the car tomorrow after talking to the owner. Will keep everyone posted.

Thank you.

Don
gt350bp