News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 GT350 on eBay

Started by billmunny, August 15, 2018, 10:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: 2112 on August 23, 2018, 01:43:16 AM
Don't be surprised if the auction gets pulled by BaT.

They have done it before when a car is misrepresented.

It appears that BaT has ended the auction, no bids are being accepted.

silverton_ford

Quote from: 2112 on August 23, 2018, 12:59:03 PM
Quote from: 2112 on August 23, 2018, 01:43:16 AM
Don't be surprised if the auction gets pulled by BaT.

They have done it before when a car is misrepresented.

It appears that BaT has ended the auction, no bids are being accepted.

It doesn't appear to have ever been a BAT auction.  In the dialog they refer to the ebay listing where the car is currently listed.  It looks like a normal article that they do on cars and what they did to get started before they started their own auction service.

Quote from: silverton_ford on August 23, 2018, 01:27:40 PM

It doesn't appear to have ever been a BAT auction.  In the dialog they refer to the ebay listing where the car is currently listed.  It looks like a normal article that they do on cars and what they did to get started before they started their own auction service.

Quite possibly the case. Thought I saw an auction window up, but it was late and I was headed to bed. I could have just projected the whole thing.

Greg

Quote from: J_Speegle on August 22, 2018, 10:51:42 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 22, 2018, 10:23:27 PM
I would be pi$$ed If I were Craig Conley and I read the way the seller manipulated the copy to imply Craig gave this car a passing grade. Craig is a very knowledgeable friend and would not think for a second that he would be OK with what he saw.

Got to love the sale comment   "and documentation from the SAAC and Craig Conley, everything seems to check out,in the bring a trailer ad. If that doesn't inspire confidence   :o

Their trolling for a big fish and one that doesn't have the car checked out, though they are posting just enough pictures to be able to say - we showed you and you should have known

Don't be "That Guy"

+1 ...... I know people are out to make a buck but seriously, what is to be gained if you get sued.  My guess is the seller doesn't know or doesn't want to know and would absolutely plead ignorance if confronted.  I hate to tell them, if someone has the means to purchase this car, they probably have the means to get a good ambulance chasing lawyer.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Sfm6sxxx

What's that phrase about bad pennies????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Shelby-GT350-Fastback/113384879635?hash=item1a6643f613:g:YdEAAOSwGYhb816o:rk:17:pf:0&LH_ItemCondition=4

Amazing inverse relationship between less info in the ad and higher bids... 
$105k, Either shill bidding or they have some poor soul  on the line.  However, I guess it is still cheaper than the Revology or Classic Recreation versions.

6S1114

BGlover67

By now does anyone still think the seller doesn't know?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Greg

Quote from: BGlover67 on November 25, 2018, 04:13:16 AM

I believe all of the comments should actually help the buyer and seller. 

The buyer should be well informed with little effort.  The seller could also have a claim that if the buyer was interested in the cars "detailed" history all he or she had to do was contact the SAAC or get on the internet.  I hope both parties are educated and the buyer want's the car even with the checked past and the seller is honest about it.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Sfm6sxxx

Quote from: Greg on November 25, 2018, 10:01:13 AM
Quote from: BGlover67 on November 25, 2018, 04:13:16 AM

I believe all of the comments should actually help the buyer and seller. 

The buyer should be well informed with little effort.  The seller could also have a claim that if the buyer was interested in the cars "detailed" history all he or she had to do was contact the SAAC or get on the internet.  I hope both parties are educated and the buyer want's the car even with the checked past and the seller is honest about it.

A $105k, the "Who's the bigger fool" principle applies.

6S1114

The Going Thing

There is no doubt about the replacement of the floor pans and traction masters. The mounting brackets aren't cast as the originals and based on the piss-poor welding skills noted from work at SA.  I also noted very heavy pitting on the front Swaybar and differential housing.